Looking for some inspiration for Autumn fun?
The wonderful team at Nature Play SA have put together their second special list of outdoor activities for you to complete.
Download the list, place it on the fridge and see how many you and your friends can tick off this Autumn!
25 Cool Things To Do In Autumn:
- Go on a spiderweb hunt
- Count how many raindrops you can catch on your tongue
- Make a pile of leaves big enough to hide in
- Use bark, leaves and sticks to make a fleet of mini boats and set sail in a creek
- Plant daffodil bulbs in a pot or in the garden
- Create an above-ground ‘cave’ of branches, bark and leaves
- Go on a crunchy leaf walk
- Find a secret place in the garden and build a nest for Easter Bunny
- Grab a spade and go on a worm hunt (dig carefully!)
- Build a campfire (make sure you tell a grownup first)
- Collect different Autumn leaves and seed pods and make a collage
- Visit the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens
- Plant autumn vegetables in your garden
- Go for a hike
- Canoe the Coorong
- Get crayons and paper and make a leaf rubbing artwork
- Visit our ‘Park of the Month’
- Play soccer in the park
- Draw up a hopscotch game on the driveway and play with your friends
- Pack a picnic and head out to the backyard or beyond
- Construct a magical leafy fairy house in the garden
- See how many mini-beasts (bugs and critters) you can find in one expedition
- Dig a hole and see what treasures you can find
- Make a skeleton out of sticks and pebbles (make sure you include fingers, toes, ribs and teeth)
- Start a rock collection
Remember to play safe and let a grown-up know where you’re planning to go. Always remember your sunscreen, hat and water bottle!
For more information and to download the list please visit the Nature Play SA website.
What: 25 Fun Things To Do In Autumn by Nature Play SA
All photographs by Play & Go.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.