Apple & Cinnamon ANZAC Muffins
With a scrumptious ingredient list including rolled oats and coconut, these ANZAC inspired muffins are the perfect snack that kids love! Just like ANZAC biscuits, these delicious muffins are irresistible served warm straight from the oven. They can also be served cold or re-heated in the microwave. Great for picnics, lunch boxes and snacks between meals, this recipe only takes around fifteen to make.
♥ 1 cup self-raising flour
♥ 3/4 cup brown sugar
♥ 2 tsp ground cinnamon
♥ 1 cup rolled oats
♥ 1 cup coconut
♥ 1 large free-range egg
♥ 1 cup milk (full cream is best)
♥ 3/4 cup grated apple (2 small or 1 large apple)
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin or use beking paper non-stick muffin wraps (place them in a muffin tin for a nice shape)
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon
- Add in rolled oats and coconut
- Lightly beat egg and add to milk
- Grate apple/s
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients then pour in the milk mixture and grated apple
- Stir until well combined
9. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin
10. Bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes (oven times may vary)
Once cooked, remove muffins from tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
ANZAC Appeal | If you can please support the ANZAC Appeal which raises funds to support former and supporting members of the Australian Defence Forces, their allies and dependents when in need. You can donate online through this link.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!