So much to see and do at Belair National Park.
For one and a quarter centuries, Belair National Park has been a central part of South Australian life. Join the park ranges on this special day for loads of family activities and free guided tours.
Some activities include:
- Ride your bike with a ranger
- Catch water bugs at Playford Lake with NRM Education
- Build a cubby with Nature Play SA
- Watch environmental short films and enjoy a Devonshire Tea at the Volunteer Centre
- Satisfy your cravings! Belair Kiosk, food and coffee vendors, or a sausage sizzle to support Friends of Blackwood Forest Recreation Park
- Go orienteering with Onkaparinga Hills Orienteering Club
- Learn about fire safety with Smokey the Koala and the Upper Sturt CFS
- Have fun with creative kids activities including origami animals and environmental art
- Once only sales and giveaways at State Flora Nursery
- Ultimate Frisbee, learn to play with SA Ultimate
- Come and try tennis or play a game with Blackwood Tennis Club
- Play a round of Frisbee-Golf with SA Disc Golf
- Learn to ID bird calls with Friends of Black Hill and Morialta
Other activities – bookings required
Bus tours with Friends of Belair National Park
- Bus tours will run at 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1.30 pm & 2.30 pm and will be capped at 22 people per tour.
- The tours will leave from (and arrive back to) the southern end of Gums Oval and will be approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in length.
- Please phone the park on 8278 5477 to book.
Guided walks with Nature Conservation Society of SA
- Guided walks: 10.30 am, 11.30 am, 12.30 pm, 1.30 pm & 2.30 pm.
- Numbers capped at 20 people however additional walks may be added subject to demand.
- Each walk is 2km and will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Tours leave from (and arrive back at) the Pines Oval 2 car park. Please note limited parking available. Arrive ahead of time to avoid missing your walk.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, water and appropriate footwear. At times the walking tracks will be loose and uneven.
Register online here or phone: (08) 7127 4630.
FREE online booking of a tennis court, picnic area, or pavilion for the day
Visit the online booking system here to reserve one of these facilities.
Check out Cath Leo’s Review of the wonderful Belair Adventure Playground here.
What: Belair National Park 125th Anniversary – Open Day
When: Sunday 11 September 2016 | 10 am – 3 pm
Where: Belair National Park | Upper Sturt Rd, Belairu SA
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!