Clean Up Australia Day 2017
A simple concept that has become an international success story
Every year Australia wide, hundreds of thousands of Australians get stuck in and Clean Up their local environment by collecting and removing rubbish. Clean Up Australia Day inspires and empowers communities to clean up, fix up and conserve our environment.
Australia has one of the best natural landscapes in the world. From our pristine beaches, ancient forests and flourishing sealife, we have some of the most unique flora and fauna. But the rubbish we create through mass consumption is choking our streets, beaches, parks, bushland and waterways. And along the way it’s killing one of our best assets : nature.
We are all part of the problem – but YOU can also be part of the solution. Because when the rubbish is gone, nature can carry on. To make a small change in the world, you can register your own Clean Up site or volunteer at a site near you and help to make Australia cleaner.
How to Participate in Clean Up Australia Day:
- Find an area such as a park or beach that needs cleaning up or join an exisiting Clean Up Site near you. You can register as an individual, community group, business or school. All you have to do is go through the registration process and you’ll be sent a free Clean Up Kit including bags, gloves, information and promotional materials (business registrations will incurr a $150 fee).
- Whether you created a new Clean Up Site or joined an existing one, you will be offered a set of tools to promote it to your friends and family. By encouraging your friends and family to join your Clean Up Site you will make a bigger difference on the environment. You are able to donate to your Site to help fund Clean Up Australia’s resources provided to communities for free.
- Last but not least, conduct your Clean Up. Make sure as a Site Supervisor you have arranged rubbish pickup with your local council or a waste management service and ensure your volunteers have bags and gloves. As a volunteer ensure you sun protection and proper footwear.
Or, you can even purchase from the Clean Up Australia store to support the cause
As you can see, there are loads of ways to get involved and help make a difference!
Clean Up Australia Day Key Dates:
- Clean Up Australia Day | Sunday 5 March 2017
- Clean Up Australia Day Business Clean Up Day| Tuesday 28 February 2017
- Clean Up Australia Day Schools Clean Up | Friday 3 March 2017
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Clean Up Australia Day website here
What: Clean Up Australia Day 2017
When: Sunday 5 March 2017 (Schools: Friday 3 March 2017)
Where: All around Australia (find an existing Clean Up Site near you or create a new one)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!
Image source: Clean Up Australia Facebook