Creative Road Art Project on Jetty Street
The City of Charles Sturt are keen to work with local kids in developing designs which will be painted on the road as part of an alternative traffic calming project.
The colourful roadway works to slow local traffic and increase pedestrian safety in the area.
The designs will be developed in a series of facilitated workshops, run by Council Placemaking staff.
Workshop 1 | 7 February 4pm – 5.30pm at Grange OSCH
- Introduction to the project
- Quick overview of the history of Grange
- Interactive site walk (from OSCH to Jetty Street Village area)
- Children are provided notebook and pens
- Site walk to feature pause points for visual and emotional reflection exercises, with children drawing in their book along the way.
- Key questions posed at pause points
- What shapes do you see?
- What colours do you see?
- How does this space make you feel?
- What do you see that you love?
Workshop 2 | 8 February 4pm – 5.30pm
- Quick review of sketchbooks & notes for inspiration
- Explain road base plan
- Art session – children invited to draw up their ideas (with pens) and paint colours in with watercolours
Following this the organisers will merge children’s ideas into a single design.
Workshop 3 | 15 February 4pm – 5.30pm
- Provide overview of different design submissions received
- Present draft designs back to the Children and provide an A4 copy.
- Invite children to draw on final edits.
This info will be merged into the final design concept which the organisers will take to DPTI for approval.
Community Painting Event
In early April the organisers will hold a community road painting event. Jetty Street will be closed for the day. Local community members, children, friends and family will be invited to join in with painting the road artwork in this fun community event.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Creative Road Art Project Facebook event page.
What: Creative Road Art Project – Jetty Street
When: 7, 8, 15 February 2017 | 4pm – 5.30pm
Where: Grange PS OSHC | Jetty Street, Grange
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!