Messy Play ideas: How to make Rainbow Spaghetti Pasta
Looking for an indoor activity that is super easy? Why not make some Rainbow Spaghetti Pasta? It’s inexpensive and good sensory fun.
What you’ll need to make Rainbow Spaghetti Pasta
- dry spaghetti
- a snap lock bag or a container to mix it in
- food colouring
- cooking oil (optional)
How to make Rainbow Spaghetti Pasta
Cook a packet (or as much as required) of dry spaghetti as per usual instructions. Once cooked rinse with cool water.
Add a quantity of cooked pasta and several drops of food colouring into a snap lock bag, then seal and shake.
- We added a bit of cooking oil to our cooked spaghetti to stop it from becoming too sticky.
- You may like to make a few different colours. We used red, blue and yellow food colouring to make our rainbow pasta. We find if we stir the food colouring through and then leave it to sit for ten minutes you’re less likely to end up with stained hands.
- Have fun with the pasta by trying to pull the long spaghetti pieces until they break. Use plastic scissors to cut the pasta.
- Give kids cooking utensils (e.g. tongs or a slotted spoon) to play with the pasta and to encourage fine motor development.
- Squish the pasta with your hands, add a little water and turn the texture from sticky to slimy.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Playgroup SA website
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change. Photos by Play & Go. Thanks for our friends at Playgroup SA for this recipe.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!