RSPCA Cupcake Day
Fight animal cruelty with cupcakes!
RSPCA Cupcake Day gathers bakers from across the nation to make a stand for animal welfare. Absolutely 100 per cent of funds raised through your baking efforts will help rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome the 135,000 animals that come through RSPCA shelters every year. Cupcake Day is officially on Monday 21 August so get your cake on!
Register to participate in Cupcake Day HERE!
About Cupcake Day:
RSPCA Cupcake Day is an opportunity for friends, family and workmates to bake together and fundraise for animals in need. When you decide to be a Cupcake Day host, you can organise your own Cupcake day however you like and wherever you like. It might be a cupcake party at home, a bake sale at school, or you could bring cupcakes to work and ask for donations! Despite its name, you can choose to bake brownies, slices and other goodies. It’s completely up to you!
And to help you run the best Cupcake Day ever, the RSPCA will send you an exclusive host kit when you register! It has all the essentials, including a host guide, pop-up donation box, decorative bunting and promotional posters!
How to host a Cupcake Day:
Hosting a Cupcake Day is as easy as pie. Just pick a date, time and place, then make sure people and cupcakes are there! The official date for Cupcake Day is Monday 21 August 2017. But the RSPCA understand there’s never a bad time to eat cupcakes, so you can choose to hold your event on any date that month!
- Register | Register now HERE and you’ll receive an exclusive Cupcake Day host kit!
- Promote | Spread the word on social media and invite your friends, family and workmates. Then follow up with a reminder closer to the event.If you’re hosting an event at your workplace or school, put up some posters to tell everyone about Cupcake Day!
- Prepare | Plan where you’ll hold your Cupcake Day and what you want to bake. It’s all up to you!
- Host your Cupcake Day | Happy Cupcake Day! Remind everyone that your Cupcake Day fundraising page is up and running. If you’re using a donation box, make sure to pop it in a clearly visible location.
- Bank your funds | Remember to bank your funds via your online fundraising page. People will donate to support a good cause, so it’s important to make sure their money goes straight to animals in need.
How your fundraising helps:
Every dollar you raise will change the lives of animals in need.
The RSPCA receives less than two per cent of their funding from the government, so they rely on the generosity of normal people. The money you raise will rescue animals from cruelty and prepare them for their forever homes, by providing shelter, nourishment, veterinary treatment and rehabilitation.
If you sell each cupcake for a humble $2:
- 12 cupcakes can provide an orphaned kitten with a bed, litter tray, meals and a toy.
- 25 cupcakes can cover one week of antibiotics for an animal recovering from surgery.
- 50 cupcakes can desex a cat or dog so they can be adopted.
- 120 cupcakes can subsidise emergency surgery for an animal.
- 175 cupcakes can subsidise the cost of prosecuting a cruelty offender in court.
OR you can directly donate to the cause HERE.
For more tips on planning and running your Cupcake Day and recipes visit the RSPCA Cupcake Day website here.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the RSPCA Cupcake Day website here
What: RSCPA Cupcake Day
When: Monday 21 August 2017
Where: Anywhere you want!
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: RSPCA website.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!
Image source: RSPCA Cupcake Day website