Trails Less Travelled – hike Mt Lofty from a different direction Sunday 16 October 2016 8am-1pm
Most Adelaidians are familiar with the Waterfall Gully track to Mt Lofty Summit but did you know there are at least 9 other routes that can get you to the top? Come and join one of these hosted walks and discover some of the lesser known trails exploring Cleland Conservation Park and the trails beyond.
There are walk options to suit everybody. If you’re after a serious climb along forest trails to get your heart pumping, a gentle ramble to take in the scenery or something in between, then there is a suitable walk for you. Check out the options and choose from various lengths, terrain and starting points. All walks will start at 8am and will be led by one of the member clubs so you don’t even need to read a map! Registration is free.
Once you’re at the top, you can refresh yourself at the Summit Cafe and stroll among the stall holders in the summit courtyard.
Register now for one of the Mt Lofty Trails Less Travelled
Whether it’s a new route or an old favourite, register for one of the Trails Less Travelled.
Hikes begin at 8am and arrive at Mt Lofty summit 2-3 hours later. Walking expo from 9am at Mt Lofty summit forecourt.
Free entry. Registration is free via the Walking SA Website
The walking expo and the hike option events are part of #walktoberSA, celebrating walking during October.
Choose a hosted Mt Lofty walk:
(1) Wine Shanty Hike (5km, easy) Click HERE for more details
(2) Winter Track (6.7km, moderate) Click HERE for more details
(3) Crafers (4.8km, easy) Click HERE for more details
(4) Chambers Gully (8.2km, challenging) Click HERE for more details
(5) Heysen Trail, Bridgewater (5.1km, easy) Click HERE for more details
(6) Botanical Gardens (5.1km, moderate) Click HERE for more details
(7) Measdays Lookout (6.1km, moderate) Click HERE for more details
(8) Adventure Trail (5km, moderate) Click HERE for more details
(9) Uraidla (7.5km, moderate) Click HERE for more details
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Walking SA website
What: Walking Trails of Mount Lofty
When: Sudnday 16 October | 8am
Where: See various locations
Who: Walkers of all ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!