The Willunga Almond Blossom Festival has been held in the last week of July every year since 1969. Each year the Festival gets bigger and better and 2013 is set to do the same. There is family entertainment for all ages including show rides, delicious food stalls, market stalls and much, much more. The festival is an important part of Willunga’s history and celebrates the first blossom of the season. The carnival atmosphere attracts more than 15,000 people each year.
The program features the very popular and well-known Willunga Farmers Market, held every Saturday morning. Saturday continues with music, dance and rides and ends with a fireworks display at night. Sunday is the family day with loads of entertainment and plenty to see and do. There is also a colourful street parade.
Since the first festival over 40 years ago more than one million dollars has been raised for the Willunga Recreation Park and the associated sporting and community clubs. Willunga is a beautiful town on the Fleurieu Pennunisula and has used the funds raised to build numerous community facilities including the Festival Show Hall, the Sports and Social Club and the courts and clubrooms for the Willunga Tennis and Willunga Netball Clubs.
The program for 2013:
Saturday 27th July 2013
- Entry $5 | Gates open at 10.30am
- Get ready for the biggest line up of bands, starting at midday all live on stage in the BankSA Marquee
- In the Festival Hall: Dance Xtreme, Junk to Funk Fashion Parade, Hip Hop workshops and more
- Showrides, FREE Airbrush Tattoos, free games and food stalls
Saturday 27th July 2013
- FIREWORKS – 7.30pm
- Entry $2 (children under 5 free)
Sunday 28th July 2013
- Street Parade and Family Fair Day
- Entry $7 Adult, $5 Student/Concession, Family Pass $20
- At 10.00am the Street Parade departs top of High Street and finishes in the Rose Garden on Aldinga Road
All day Sunday –
- Market Stalls
- Food Stalls
- Free Games and Activities
- Roving Entertainment
- Pony Rides
- Music by Two and a Half Men, The Sisters of Abundance and more
- Displays by the SA Herpetology Group, Trees for Life, EnviroKids, Native Animal Network, SA Woodturners and more
Monday 29th July to Wednesday 31st July 2013 – Festival Lunches
- Held in the Festival Hall, the lunches have been a long-standing tradition
- Come along for a 3-course lunch and enjoy entertainment from Willunga Primary School and Tatachilla Lutheran College, as well as local art and craft stalls
- Bookings are recommended so phone Rhonda on 8556 4300
Saturday 3rd August 2013
- Almond Blossom Ball Featuring party band “Velvet”
- Tickets $30 available from the Alma Hotel Willunga
- BYO supper, drinks available for purchase from the bar
Willunga is only a 45 minute drive from the city of Adelaide, along the Southern Expressway and Victor Harbor Road.
What: Willunga Almond Blossom Festival 2013
When: Saturday 27 July and Sunday 28 July 2013 | See Details Above
Where: Willunga Recreation Park (corner of Aldinga Road and Main Road) Willunga
Click here for more information. All information and images from the Willunga Almond Blossom Festival website and Facebook page.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.