Adelaide Italian Festival
The Adelaide Italian Festival is an annual celebration to coincide with Italian week held in November. Featuring the very best of the Italian way in South Australia through food and wine, innovation and design, culture and tradition.
The first Italian Festival in Adelaide was held in 1976 in Rundle Mall – a parade made up of migrant families travelled from Victoria Square to Elder Park before ending with celebrations in the Mall itself.
Originally called The Italian Festival, and later known as “Carnevale”, the Adelaide Italian Festival is proud to return to their original name, as they honour those who have come before them.
Schedule of Events
- Cocktail in the Vines – Friday 13 November 2020 (7:30pm – 11:30pm)
- Friuli Venezia Giulia and its People – Friday 13 to Tuesday 17 November 2020 (2pm – 6pm)
- Journey – Cathedral Mass – Saturday 14 November 2020 (3:30pm)
- La Grande Gita – Italian Cycling Experience – Sunday 15 November 2020 (9am)
- Inaugural Italian-Australian Space Forum – Monday 16 November 2020 (5pm – 8pm)
- Guided tour of Italian works of art from AGSA’s Collection – Tuesday 17 November 2020 (10am, 12pm and 2pm)
- A Cheeky Italian Dinner with Amanda Vanstone and Marco Furlan – Tuesday 17 November 2020 (7pm)
- ARIA @ SAHMRI: A Showcase of Italo-Australian Researchers – Wednesday 18 November 2020 (6pm – 8:30pm)
- Masterclass in Gnocchi Making – Thursday 19 November 2020 (6pm – 9pm)
- Italian Breakfast in the Central Market – Friday 20 November 2020 (7:30am – 8:45am)
- Aperol Sessions @ Peel St – Friday 20 November 2020 (5:30pm ’til late)
- Family Pizza-Making Masterclass – Saturday 21 November 2020 (5:30pm – 7:30pm)
- An evening of Italian Classics with the ASO presented by the Adelaide Italian Festival
in conjunction with the Consulate of Italy – Saturday 21 November 2020 (6pm and 8pm)
- Italian Automobile Exhibition – Sunday 22 November 2020 (10am – 3pm)
- Festa by the Lake – Sunday 22 November 2020 (12pm – 4:30pm)
- Concerto in Giardino – Sunday,22 November 2020 (2pm – 5:30pm)
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Italian Festival website.
What: Adelaide Italian Festival
When: 13-22 November 2020
Where: Adelaide & surrounding areas | South Australia
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Adelaide Italian Festival
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!