Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park Reopening
With COVID-19 restrictions slowly easing, the Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park are thrilled to announce they will reopen in time for the July School Holidays.
It has been nearly 90 days since Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park had to close their gates. On Monday, 22 June 2020 the Adelaide Zoo will reopen, followed by Monarto Safari Park on Monday, 29 June 2020.
Upon reopening, there will be some temporary changes to the conditions of entry to ensure the safety of staff, visitors and animals.
All visitors will need to pre-book a date-specific ticket to Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park online prior to visiting whether you’re a current Zoos SA member, have previously purchased an entry ticket online, or plan to do so. This will help staff to manage capacity requirements and ensure everyone’s safety.
Adelaide Zoo Tickets
General admission tickets will go on sale on Wednesday 17 June 2020 and Zoos SA members will be able to reserve free tickets 24 hours prior.
Monarto Safari Park Tickets
General admission tickets will go on sale on Tuesday 23 June 2020 and Zoos SA members will be able to reserve free tickets 24 hours prior.
Please note, that each individual member of your group or family requires a date-specific ticket.
If you have a voucher for one of their wild animal experiences please note that all but one (Lions 360 at Monarto Safari Park) remain temporarily suspended to ensure health and safety requirements are met and to keep you, their staff and our animals safe. Lions 360 will be continuing at a reduced capacity of one session per day with a limit of 20 people.
How to Stay Safe at the Zoo
In order to minimise the risk of Covid-19 and to keep you, their staff, volunteers and animals healthy please follow the following advice when visiting:
- Stay 1.5 metres apart
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- Cough or sneeze into your arm or use a tissue
- Please do not visit Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park if you feel sick or unwell
- If possible, please bring your own hand sanitizer
- They encourage visitors to download and open the official government COVID Safe app. This would allow you to be notified should you have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 while away from your home.
They have taken extra measures on to ensure your health and safety in line with Federal and State Government guidelines as listed below:
- Managing capacities to easily comply with recommended per person space
- Ground and queue markers at the entrance and other relevant spaces
- Signage throughout encouraging social distancing and good hand hygiene
- Focus on regular cleaning throughout the day. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and exit
- The cafes will have designated entrance, exit and order collection areas, with seating as per current regulations
- Contactless payments will be preferred throughout the zoo and park
- For your safety, all indoor areas and their rotunda will be limited to 20 people at one time
Throughout their sites, they ask that you observe the one person per 4sqm rule, particularly on the Central Lawns. Please note, each group is limited to a maximum group size of 20 people for gatherings on the Central Lawns.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Zoo website
What: Adelaide Zoo & Monarto Safari Park Reopening
When: Adelaide Zoo – Monday 22 June 2020 | Monarto Safari Park – Monday 29 June 2020
Where: Adelaide Zoo – Frome Rd, Adelaide | Monarto Safari Park – Old Princes Hwy, Monarto South
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Zoos SA & Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!