September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
September isn’t just about the Royal Adelaide Show and Father’s Day – it’s also global Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. And this year, the Childhood Cancer Association brings both together.
The CCA will be at The Royal Adelaide Show with a fun stall including colouring-in competition for young children. And the CCA has your ideal present for Father’s Day – buy a pair of their special edition dress socks, with all proceeds going towards services for children experiencing cancer, and their families.
Other ways you can help this Childhood Cancer Awareness Month:
- Light up gold. Light up your house/building “gold” (yellow) in support of childhood cancer awareness month – this is a global initiative which will also see Adelaide landmarks “light up gold” in support.
- Make a one-off tax-deductible donation HERE.
- Donate a percentage of sales/services to the Childhood Cancer Association during September. Run a special marketing campaign.
- Write an article about Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in your company newsletter (CCA can help you write this).
- Share social media posts about Childhood Cancer Awareness Month to increase awareness.
- Visit the stand at the Royal Adelaide Show in the Jubilee Pavilion. The CCA will be asking for donations, selling merchandise and inviting kids to take part in a colouring-in competition.
- Host a donation tin to raise funds.
- Share your story. How has the Childhood Cancer Association supported your family?
- Become a Childhood Champion. A regular, monthly donation means you can make a big difference in the long-term.
- Join the CCA City-Bay Fun Run team on Sunday 15 September 2019 to help raise funds through your workplace, or with friends and family. There are great incentives to fundraise for Childhood Cancer.
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month was first proclaimed by former US President Obama in 2010. Since then it has become a global initiative, raising awareness for childhood cancer.
The Gold Ribbon is the International Awareness Symbol of Childhood Cancer, with gold being the international colour of childhood cancer awareness.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Childhood Cancer website.
What: Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
When: September 2019
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Supplied & Childhood Cancer website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!