Holiday Swim is a Royal Life Saving Society South Australia initiative bringing affordable and educational swimming and water safety lessons to pools and inland waterway locations across Metro and Regional South Australia since the 1950s.
The aim of the program is to teach children critical life saving skills and basic swimming skills, to equip them with the knowledge to stay safe in, on and around the water. The program is kept affordable, to reach families and communities that might otherwise miss out on the opportunity to participate in swimming lessons.
As we approach the busy Summer months, now is the time to equip kids with the knowledge to save a life.
The program will be returning in December 2021 and January 2022 with the Royal Life Saving Swim & Survive program.
$35 per child (additional pool entry fees may apply)
5 days (may vary based on location)
- 5 yrs+ | 45 minute lessons
- Under 5’s | 30 minute lessons
December 2021 Locations:
- Marion Outdoor Pool (MOP) | Dec 13th – 17th
- North Adelaide (Adelaide Aquatic Centre) | Dec 13th – 17th
- Payneham Swimming Centre | Dec 13th – 17th
- Waterworld (Higher Awards Only) | Dec 13th – 17th
- Adelaide Hills Swimming Centre | Dec 13th – 17th
- Berri – Hayden Stoeckel Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Cummins & District War Memorial Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Geranium Area School | Dec 13th – 17th
- Gladstone Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Lock Area School | Dec 11th – 14th (runs over the weekend)
- Loxton Swimming pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Minnipa & Districts Swimming pool | Dec 19th – 22nd
- Quorn & District War Memorial Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Booleroo Centre Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Waikerie Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Wudinna & Districts Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Jamestown Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Pinnaroo Swimming Pool | Dec 13th – 17th
- Ceduna Area School | Dec 13th – 17th
- Darke Peak Sporting Complex | Dec 13th – 17th
- Wallaroo Sailing Club | Dec 13th – 17th
- Cleve Area School | Dec 13th – 17th
January 2022 Locations:
- Payneham Swimming Centre | Jan 4th – 7th
- Minda Inc. Brighton | Jan 10th – 14th
- Pinnaroo Swimming Pool | Jan 4th – 8th
- Port Augusta Ryan Mitchell Swimming Centre | Jan 5th – 11th (excluding W/E)
- Blackwood – Hills Swim School | Jan 10th – 14th
- Coober Pedy Swimming Pool | Jan 10th – 14th
- Adelaide Hills Swimming Centre | Jan 3rd – 7th
- Coonalpyn Swimming Pool | Jan 3rd – 7th
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Holiday website.
What: Holiday Swim
When: December 2021 & January 2022 (see dates above)
Where: Various SA locations (see above)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Holiday Swim website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!