‘Immerse Yourself in a Marine Park’ this summer!
The Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources has put together over 40 family-friendly water-based activities along the coast this summer. The program is to encourage more South Australians having fun and learning about our marine parks.
There is a series of ‘come and try snorkelling’ family tours being run by experts from ‘Experience Marine Sanctuaries’ at Port Noarlunga, Second Valley and Victor Harbor. There are plenty of rockpool rambles and coastal activities across the state (including a night time rockpool ramble in Innes National Park!).
Encounter Marine Park, along the Fleurieu Peninsula is Nature Play SA’s ‘park of the month’ with things to discover during January.
List of Events:
Adelaide & Fleurieu Peninsula
- Nature Play SA Summer Day | 24 Jan 2017 | Goolwa Foreshore | See Play & Go’s post on it here
- Guided Family Snorkel Tours (almost SOLD OUT) | Port Noarlunga, Second Valley or Victor Harbor | Book and find more info here
- Nature Play SA park of the month | Encounter Marine Park | Check Nature Play SA website for more info
- Whalefest Summer Programme | Victor Harbor | Book and find more info here
- Community Seagrass Planting Day
- Roving Rangers – Marine park rangers will be hosting pop-up stalls at various locations over summer
- Port Lincoln Tunarama Festival | 26- 28 Jan 2017 | See Play & Go’s post on it here
There are also lots of commercial tours such as cage diving with great white sharks, swimming with sea lions, dolphin viewing or a new scuba activity. Find out what tours are available here.
Visit the Marine Parks SA website here for a full calendar of events and links to bookings and other coastal activities.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Marine Parks SA website.
What: Immerse Yourself in a Marine Park This Summer
When: December 2016 to February 2017
Where: Coastal areas across the state
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!