It’s 2017 Footy Fever Season – find out when your favourite South Australian footy team is playing at the Adelaide Oval.
A $575 million redevelopment has returned Australian Rules Football to the city and increased the stadium’s capacity to 54,500. Adelaide Oval is now home to both Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide, and is a key venue for both Clubs, with capacity often reached to provide visiting teams with an intimidating atmosphere in which to try and find a result.
The showdowns, when both Adelaide teams face-off against each other, are traditionally the venues biggest day each season.
Adelaide Crows – 2017 Home Games
Sunday 26 March 2017 | Adelaide vs. GWS Giants | 2:50pm
Saturday 15 April 2017 | Adelaide vs. Essendon | 7:10pm
Sunday 30 April 2017 | Adelaide vs. Richmond | 4:10pm
Saturday 13 May 2017 | Adelaide vs. Melbourne | 7:10pm
Saturday 27 May 2017 | Adelaide vs. Fremantle Dockers | 7:10pm
Friday 9 June 2017 | Adelaide vs. St Kilda | 7:20pm
Thursday 22 June 2017 | Adelaide vs. Hawthorn | 7:20pm
Friday 7 July 2017 | Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs | 7:20pm
Friday 21 July 2017 | Adelaide vs. Geelong Cats | 7.20pm
Sunday 6 August 2017 | Adelaide vs. Port Adelaide | 4:10pm (SHOWDOWN)
Friday 18 August 2017 | Adelaide vs. Sydney Swans | 7:20pm
Port Power – 2017 Home Games
Sunday 2 April 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle | 4:10pm
Saturday 8 April 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide | 5:05pm (SHOWDOWN)
Friday 21 April 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Carlton | 7:20pm
Saturday 6 May 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. West Coast Eagles | 4:05pm
Thursday 1 June 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn | 7:20pm
Saturday 17 June 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions | 4:05pm
Saturday 1 July 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Richmond | 7:10pm
Saturday 15 July 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. North Melbourne | 2:10pm
Saturday 29 July | Port Adelaide vs. St Kilda | 4.05pm
Sunday 13 August 2017 | Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood | 4:10pm
Sunday is Funday as kids get in to the footy for free! Following on from the successful launch of Sunday Funday in 2015, the AFL is pleased to announce that kids General Admission is once again free in 2017.
Free general admission tickets are available to children under the age of 15 and can be purchased in advance, which will be subject to the ticket agent transaction fee, or will be available on match day at the box office where no additional fees will be incurred (excluding Adelaide Oval).
Tickets, Parking & Public Transport
- General public tickets are available via Ticketek
- East: Permit parking only
- North: Permit parking (including disabled permits) and limited disabled and casual parking, subject to availability ($20 cash)
- Oval #2: Permit parking and limited disabled and casual parking, subject to availability ($20 cash)
- Torrens Parade Ground: Permit parking and disabled parking
- University Lane: Casual car parking, subject to availability ($20 cash)
- Adelaide Oval events see road closures (partial and full) at varying times along War Memorial Drive, King William Road and Pennington Terrace, so always allow extra time for travel.
- Your ticket to any AFL game at Adelaide Oval is also your ticket to FREE travel on MAC Footy Express bus, train and tram services as well as all regular Adelaide Metro buses, trains and trams. Visit the Adelaide Metro website for details.
For a copy of the AFL Adelaide Oval 2017 Fixture, including curtain raisers, click here.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Oval website.
What: AFL Adelaide Crows & Port Power Home Games
When: 2017 Season (See above for dates and times)
Where: Adelaide Oval, North Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
All images from the official Adelaide Oval Facebok page.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!