This is your chance to find out what to do to keep you and your family safe against the danger of fire both in and outside the home. Knowing your risk can help build a safer community. Come and see your Emergency Services in action on Sunday, 27 October at Thorndon Park Reserve for an educational and enjoyable day.
- Come and see live fire demonstrations
- Take a close-up look at the fire trucks
- Learn how to safely use a fire blanket and fire extinguisher
- Let the fire fighters show you what to do in a house fire
- Watch how the SES build a sandbag wall
- Hear how to prepare your home for bushfire and how to plan for all the family’s safety including your pets
- Face-painting, food, fun activities and emergency service displays, demos, vehicles and equipment
This event is brought to you by the Government of South Australia and the SA Country Fire Service (CFS) as part of the 2013 Bushfire Action Week and in partnership with Campbelltown Council, City of Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide Hills Council, Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) State Emergency Service (SES), South Australian Fire and Emergency Services Commission (SAFECOM), Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR) and the South Australia Police (SAPOL).
What: The South Australian Country Fire Service presents ‘Know YourRisk’ Day
When: Sunday 27 October 2013 | 11:00am – 3:00pm
Where: Thorndon Park Reserve | Hamilton Terrace, Paradise
Click here for more information.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.