Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic
The 12th annual Brighton Jetty Classic, presented by Channel Seven Adelaide is on Sunday 5 February 2017!
The Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic is an open water swim with distances of 1500m, 400m and 100m. Along with the swim, there will be a full day of street and water activities to participate in and be entertained by including the Adelaide Airport Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures, appearances by Home and Away and My Kitchen Rules stars, Cancer Council SA Marilyn Jetty Swim, Elite 400m and 1500m swims, and so much more.
About the swims
The Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic is an open water swim with distances of 1500m, 400m and 100m.
- The 1500 metre course starts at the Brighton Jetty, swimming South along the beach, turning back at the Southern Buoy, past the top of the Jetty and to the beach finish line on the Northern side of the Jetty.
- The 400 metre course starts on the Southern side of the Jetty out around the end of the Jetty and back to the beach finish line on the Northern side of the Jetty.
- The 100 metre course (On The Same Wave) runs parallel to the beach giving family an opportunity to watch closely. Even better, why not register and swim with the kids.
- The 2017 Entry Fee for all 400m and 1500m swims is $35.
- The 2017 Entry fee for the 100m Swim is $10.
- Commemorative t-shirt ($15), hat ($15) and Brighton Surf Club social membership ($20) can be purchased with race entry.
- Minimum age for 1500m events is 12 years old on the day of the swim.
- Minimum age for 400m events is 10 years old on the day of the swim.
- Minimum age for 100m event is 8 years old on the day of the swim.
- The 1500m swims are timed age group swims (Age Groups 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+). Prizes are awarded for 1st to 3rd place for all categories.
- The Brighton Jetty Classic 1500m Elite swim offers prizes for 1st to 5th, with a First Prize of $1,000.
- The 400m swims are timed age group swims (Age Groups 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+). Prizes are awarded for 1st to 3rd place for all categories.
- The Charity Swims are 400m. They are untimed and have no prizes.
- The City of Holdfast Bay 400m Fast Lap swim is a free invitation only race. The field is selected from 400m Entrants, and is limited to 25 males and 25 females. To be considered for selection, indicate your 200m time when entering the 400m swim. Entrants will be notified by email on the Wednesday prior to swim day. Prizes are awarded for the 1st to 5th placegetters.
“On the Same Wave” swim
There will also be a 100m “On the Same Wave” swim which is great to get the whole family involved. It is an untimed and very family-friendly swim along the beach that is all about participation, family, and fun.
Registration for the Brighton Jetty Classic
Swim entry for the event is NOW OPEN. Online registration closes the 2nd February at 6pm. Late entry will be taken on the day, however a late entry fee will apply.
Water cover is provided during the swims by Brighton Surf Life Saving Club with great support from SA’s other Surf Life Saving Clubs.
Brighton Jetty Classic Sculpture Exhibition
Plus while you’re there check out the Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic Facebook event page here or the Brighton Jetty Classic website here
What: Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic
When: Sunday 5 February 2017 | 9am – 5pm
Where: Brighton Jetty | 147 The Esplanade | Brighton
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!
Image source: Brighton Jetty Classic website