Come and discover the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary at this free event!
Dolphin Day is a fun family friendly event where you can learn about, participate and enjoy the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary while spending a fantastic day out with the family by (or on) the water! Plus WIN a money can’t buy dolphin experience with sanctuary staff during a water patrol!
The Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary is one of the gems you’ll find in Port Adelaide. A resident pod of 40 bottlenose dolphins call the Port River home, while another 300 visit the area regularly. Learn more about the beautiful sanctuary they live in and how we can care and protect them.
Day Activities | 12pm – 5pm
- Take a dolphin cruise – 20% discount on adult tickets with the Dolphin Explorer (11.30am and 1.30pm)
- Visit the SA Maritime museum – 25% discount on entry fees
- Follow the Dolphin Trail to win great prizes including a Swim with Dolphins experience
- Archie Dolphin Ranger Cruise – $4 (limited availability)
- Kids’ area – Free shark obstacle course bouncy castle, dolphin tattoos, fun dolphin games and activities, meet Splash the Dolphin, SeaStar Rock live on stage show, and more…
- Visit the information stalls, touch and learn tables, the whale disentanglement boat, dolphin activity stalls and much more!
- Find out about volunteer opportunities, how to get involved or how to get your school involved
Afternoon/Evening Activities | From 5pm
- Outdoor Movie Night – Happy Feet 2 – The City of Port Adelaide and Enfield free movie night
- Enjoy free face painting and popcorn from 5pm – 6.30pm and movie screening from 6.30pm
- Food stalls will also be available
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Natural Resources website event page here or follow the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary – Action Group Facebook page.
What: Dolphin Day 2015
When: Saturday 11 April 2015 | 12pm – 5pm
Where: Port Adelaide Lighthouse Square, Port Adelaide
Who: All Ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
All images supplied.