Enjoy, explore, preserve at Myponga Reservoir
From Sunday 14 April 2019, Myponga Reservoir Reserve will be yours to enjoy, explore and preserve. To celebrate, you can enjoy a range of activities that will be taking place including a Trail Running SA fun run and children’s activities delivered by Nature Play SA and Trees For Life (SA).
Nestled near the township of Myponga on the stunning Fleurieu Peninsula, just 60 kilometres – or about an hour’s drive – south of Adelaide, is the Myponga Reservoir Reserve. From April 14th onwards, visitors to Myponga Reservoir can enjoy new recreational access and engage in activities such as walking, running or riding around bushland tracks with water views, enjoy picnics, plus visit lookouts and viewing platforms to see and photograph wildlife and scenic vistas.
Open Day Sunday 14 April 2019
- 9am – run the loop track with Trail Runners SA and South Australian Olympic marathon runner Jessica Trengove. Visit Trail Running SA’s website or find Trail Running SA on Facebook to register to take part. REGISTER HERE
- 1pm-3pm – Nature Play SA activities for children | Nature Play SA will help harness kids’ curiosity and creativity with activities in the natural environment including a geocaching course, kite flying, and nature walks.
- 1pm-3pm – Trees for Life | Sessions on identifying native habitats and species, and propagation, as well as guided walks with tips for bird watching and hiking. Trees For Life will keep green thumbs busy with hands-on plant identification and propagation sessions, looking at the region’s native species such as Blackwood (Acacia melanoxylon), which features on signage around the reserve.
Other Activities in Myponga
- 9.30am – 4pm – Myponga Market
- 11am – 1pm – Classic cars at the Smiling Samoyed Brewery
- 1pm – 4pm – live music at the Smiling Samoyed
Visit the Myponga Reservoir Reserve page HERE to learn more about the facilities available, opening times and access locations.
Check out our April School Holiday Guide here:
For more information and all enquiries please visit Reservoirs SA website.
What: Myponga Reservoir Reserve – Open Day
When: Sunday 14 April 2019 | from 9am
Where: Main South Road, Myponga
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Reservoirs SA website
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest posts and find out what’s on, where to go and what to do with the kids in and around Adelaide.