This June long weekend why don’t you make a difference to the planet and Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
That’s the theme of this year’s Melrose Fat Tyre Festival where mountain bikers and friends from around Australia will be getting together to celebrate Mother Earth on bikes!
The 2017 “World Environment Day” is on the 5 June but in Melrose they want to extend that into a whole week! So once you’re there, switch the car off and get on ya bike, there’s no need to drive any more, Reduce your emissions, Reuse your bike and Re-cycle everywhere.
The Fat Tyre Festival and Melrose has long been known for its chilled atmosphere and its inclusive nature, where racing is secondary to relaxing, where the motor is overwhelmed by the pedal and the only fire of competition is the story around the campfire.
How much does it cost?
- All weekend – $60 Adult/$30 Kids
- Day only – $30 Adult/$30 Kids
What do you get for your money?
- Access to land normally not allowed to ride on
- Entertainment – Live music on the street and at the local Pubs
- Skills Clinics by Escapegoat Adventures / Bike Maintenance class / Bike Fits
- Mini Challenges for a chance to win awesome prizes!
- Guided rides on Advanced trail network thanks to awesome Local landowners and National Parks
- Heaps of activities for the kids like helping local artists create something amazing from recycled tyres/tubes, learn all about RECYCLE – dress up competition – RECYCLE THEME so go and raid your local vinnies store or better still come along to the SWAP store, movie night, BMX displays by the very talented Port Pirie boys, family rides that finish with scones at Kookaburra Creek Retreat
- Craft, food and bike stalls!
- Yoga lessons for all abilities
- Photography lessons by SBDynamics
Registrations Open 1 April 2017 on the Melrose Mountain Bike website here.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Melrose Mountain Bike website.
What: Fat Tyre Festival
When: Friday 9 – Monday 12 June 2017
Where: Melrose | South Australia
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!