The purpose of Floatfest is the education surrounding water safety in any setting but particularly on the Murray River.
Water safety is paramount both for communities, migrants and international visitors to the river. Additionally the Floatfest team focus on the educational elements of healthy and active lifestyles, community inclusion, and the education of the environment surrounding the river. Finally, Floatfest seeks to increase the region’s tourism relevance of the river and its surrounding regions as a tourism destination.
Core Activities at Floatfest 2019
- Inflatables Regatta
- Original record attempt – to gather as many kayaks and canoes rafted together for the record attempt
- Second record attempt – to line as many canoes/kayaks along the banks of the Murray River as they can
- Kayaking demonstrations and instruction for paddling skills/techniques
- Indigenous history of the Murray River
- Plus Much more
- Houseboats open for inspection
- Market stalls
- Obstacle Courses raising funds for Can:Do 4Kids
- Canoe Polo Demonstrations
- SA Wooden Boat Festival – READ MORE HERE
Check out our April School Holiday Guide here:
For more information and all enquiries please visit Floatfest website.
What: Floatfest 2019
When: Sunday 28 April 2019 | 10am – 4pm
Where: Bristow Smith Reserve | Barrage Road, Goolwa
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Floatfest website
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest posts and find out what’s on, where to go and what to do with the kids in and around Adelaide.