Peloton at the Port
The City of Port Adelaide & Enfield are planning a big finish for Stage 1 of the Santos Tour Down Under on Tuesday, 15 January 2019. Join the official Peloton at the Port party, with a 3.4 km finishing circuit around the Port to give fans even more opportunities to see the race and create a real atmosphere.
Port River, Black Diamond Square and the historic buildings form a fabulous backdrop for unforgettable street parties in Port Adelaide and the Peloton at the Port party will be hard to beat. Fantastic interstate and local bands will provide the soundtrack, alongside local pubs and pop-ups serving up plenty of food and drink.
The last time the local Port Adelaide community got behind the race they won the Santos Best Dressed Town Award, and this time they plan on going even bigger and better!
- Free water slides, 2pm – 7pm, McLaren Parade
- Pumpt BMX track and pro demos, 3pm – 8pm, Mercantile Dock
- Petanque Tournament and Have a Go! Prospect Petanque Club, 4pm – 8pm, McLaren Parade
- Watermisters – Get Fresh!, 12pm – 8pm Various
- Hot Potato Band! Roaming 10 piece band, 3pm – 6pm, Lipson St
- Saucy Sarah’s Gin Lane, 3pm – 8pm, Jane St
- Handlebar tours – see Port Adelaide’s Wonderwalls murals and warehouse district, 4pm – 8pm, Meet at Black Diamond Square for 30 min tours
- Tiki Bar, 3pm – 8pm, Divett St
- Main Stage, 3pm – 8pm, Divett St/Lipson St intersection
- The Young and The Wrestlers! Mexican Wrestling meets Surf Music, 6.30pm
- Live shows, 4pm – 6.30pm, Main stage
- Samba, 3pm – 6pm
- Port BUG valet bike parking, 12pm – 6pm, Black Diamond Square
- Golden Giveaways, 3.30 pm – 6.30pm, Main Stage
- Calton Street Eat Street
Parking will be available at Hart’s Mill, Port Canal Shopping Centre, TAFE, SA Aviation Museum and Port Adelaide Reserve.
What: Peloton at the Port
When: Tuesday 15 January 2019 | 5pm – 11pm
Where: Port Adelaide (see map here)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!