Rocky Road is a favourite treat in our house, but the kiddy version – not the ‘real’ variety! It’s a sweet treat that makes a great little thank you gift, perfect for parties, picnics and as an after dinner sweet. Using only 3 ingredients, this is a quick, easy recipe that the kids can help with too.
The other great thing about Rocky Road is the option to vary the mix as you please, such as adding almonds, shortbread biscuits, coconut or dried fruit such as raisins or apricot pieces. Using dark chocolate, or half milk/half dark is a nice alternative too.
The recipe doesn’t need to be precise – you basically want to cover the lollies completely in chocolate – more or less depending on how you like it!
- Block of Milk Chocolate – 200gm
- Raspberries (lollies) – small packet
- Marshmallows – 1 1/2 cups, cut in half
- Melt chocolate using your preferred method (microwave on low or in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water)
- Combine chocolate with raspberries and marshmallows
- Pour into lined baking tray/glass tray and refrigerate
- Once set use a hot knife to cut into pieces (run blade under hot water then dry on tea towel before slicing
To serve at a party use bowls and fill them with the different shape pieces – the top will be uneven, the bottom side smooth. To give as a gift group a few pieces in clear cellophane and tie with ribbon, or glass jars with fabric glued to the lid and tied with string. Keep the Rocky Road in the fridge until ready to serve.