Adelaide Zoo’s Annual Teddy Bears’ Picnic
If you go down to Adelaide Zoo on Sunday 26 August, you’re sure of a big surprise. For every bear that ever was, will gather at Adelaide Zoo for certain because, Sunday is the day the teddy bears have their picnic!
Grab your favourite teddy bear and your picnic blanket and head down to Adelaide Zoo for the Teddy Bears’ Picnic to join in on the fun.
The fun-filled family event will feature a host of free activities including free bubbles thanks to AGL Energy, face painting sponsored by Turner Real Estate, performances from Evelyn Roths Nylon Zoo Panda, the City of Adelaide Band, Build a Bear™ pop-up shop, competitions and children’s crafts with Splodge!
Children can even take their teddy bear friends for a quick check-up at the Teddy Bears’ Hospital to ensure they are in the bear-y best of health.
Australasia’s only Giant Pandas, Wang Wang and Fu Ni, will be celebrating their birthdays on the day with specially prepared panda treats and of course panda cake!
This is an all-weather event, so mark it in your diary today! It’s free for members and free with zoo entry.
Here is the schedule for the day:
- 10am – 4pm | Evelyn Roth’s Nylon Zoo
- 10am – 10:30am | Bubble show
- 10:35am – 11:05am | Bubble show
- 10:30am – 2:30pm | Free children’s craft activities with Splodge
- 11am | Giant Panda Keeper talks and a birthday surprise for Wang Wang and Fu Ni
- 11am – 2pm | Guess the Gummi Bears competition, Panda Shop
- 11am – 3pm | Teddy Bear Village: Health checks & fun teddy bear activities thanks North Adelaide Dental Care, Build a Bear, Turner Real Estate, splodge and AGL
- 1pm – 2:30pm | City of Adelaide Band performance
- 1:15pm – Encounter with Nature Presentation, Envirodome
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Zoo website.
What: Westpac Teddy Bears’ Picnic
When: Sunday 26 August 2018| Zoo opens at 9:30am
Where: Adelaide Zoo | Frome Road, Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Adelaide Zoo website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!