Win Tickets to WOMADelaide 2019 | 8 – 11 March 2019
Over the March long weekend in Adelaide, WOMADelaide returns again to the green oasis of Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Park.
WOMADelaide is one of Australia’s iconic festivals and is an award-winning celebration of the very best of the World of Music, Arts & Dance. Returning to Adelaide’s Botanic Park from 8-11 March 2019, WOMADelaide has announced the final additions to the 2019 program, including a Saturday night headline show performance by NZ heavyweights, Fat Freddy’s Drop.
Some of the highlight global artists will include:
- Fat Freddy’s Drop (New Zealand)
- Angelique Kidjo (Benin)
- BCUC (South Africa)
- Khruangbin (USA)
- Christie and the Queens (France)
- John Butler Trio (Australia)
- Central Australian Aboriginal Women’s Choir (Australia)
- Taiwu Ancient Ballads Troupe (Taiwan)
- Silkroad Ensemble (Various)
- Amjad Ali Khan (India)
- La Dame Blanche (Cuba)
- Tkay Maidza (Australia)
The entertainment for WOMADelaide 2019 features:
- Music and Dance
- The Colour of Time
- Planet Talks Program
- Artists in Conversation
- Taste the World
Make sure to look out for:
- The Colour of Time – A celebration of unity & diversity that is Artonik’s homage to India’s Holi festival. This joyous, processional kaleidoscope of dance, music and colour returns to WOMADelaide after four years of international touring. We absolutely loved this last time and have been hoping it would return. Our wishes have been granted!
- WOMOD – WOMADelaide has teamed up with UniSA’s MOD. to bring a taste of its futuristic museum of discovery to Frome Park. Inside the ‘WOMOD.’ shipping container, audiences can immerse themselves in the multi-sensory exhibit Feeling Human. Using a range of technologies the installation will invite people to consider, and experience first-hand, how the body and mind work together to feel pain.
For families thinking of visiting WOMAD for the first time, we encourage you to go. The Play & Go families have a fabulous time every year and the kids never want to leave! The KidZone area is just amazing with something new each year. Take a look at our pictures and review of 2017 WOMAD here and you’ll see what we mean.
This year includes:
- Peter Helliar, reading from his Frankie Fishbook series
- Local youth theatre troupe SA Yarts with their ingenious Talking Trees project
- Kiddo Silent Disco
- Chillout book nook
- Kaurna culture and language lessons
- Climbing Tree’s ‘nature village’
- SA Museum Explorers’ Tent
- Storytelling and theatre in artist Evelyn Rothwill’s new Mama Southern Right Whale Nylon Zoo inflatable
Remember children aged 12 years and under have FREE entry to WOMADelaide when accompanied by a paying adult, so they get in free and once you are there all the Kidzone activities are free too. Children aged between 13-17 years of age can purchase a Youth Pass ticket at a reduced price.
Also, check out our 2017 review of WOMADelaide HERE.
WIN 2 Adult Passes (children under 12 are free) to WOMADelaide valid for Saturday 9 March 2019. Prize is valued at $410.
How to Enter
Enter via the Gleam App below. The first 2 entry options are mandatory. You don’t have to complete all other entry options to be in the draw, but they give you more chances to win.
To be eligible to win you must be a resident of South Australia over 18 years old. Entrants must be a current active subscriber to Play & Go Adelaide’s weekly email newsletter at the time of the draw.
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Thursday 28 February 2019 at 11pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Giveaway is open to South Australian residents aged 18 years and over. The prize is valued at and is not redeemable for cash, credit or vouchers of any kind. The winner will be drawn at random and no further correspondence will be entered into. Once it has been confirmed that the entrant is currently an active email subscriber of Play & Go, the winner will be contacted by email or phone. Play & Go reserves the right to change or discontinue any or all aspects of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Play & Go accepts no responsibility or liability for (including but not limited to) any lost or misdirected entries. All personal information given to enter this giveaway will only be used to contact winners and distribute prizes and not for any other purpose. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability.If you have any additional questions – feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
Image Credit: Jack Fenby, WOMADelaide website, Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!