Kidz Gigantic Day Out returns to Adelaide Convention Centre on the Easter Long Weekend.
The organisers of last year’s Kidz Gigantic Day Out have taken your feedback on board and this year’s event, which returns on the Easter long weekend in April, promises to be bigger and better.
Held in the heart of the City at the Adelaide Convention Centre, this family-friendly event features four fun, interactive zones providing hours of entertainment for everyone from toddlers to teens. This year’s event will also feature the exclusive PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’ Live Stage Show.
PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’ Live Stage Show
Learn what it takes to be a hero and a member of the PJ Masks team with Catboy, Owlette and Gekko in PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’! In this live interactive training session, everyone will have fun while learning the secrets of thwarting the night time villains. Sing, dance and perform the PJ Masks special super power moves to discover the real meaning of being a hero. Admission to this high-energy Stage Show is included as part of your KGDO booking. Select your preferred show time when booking your ticket and plan your day accordingly!
Daily Show Times: 10.30am, 12noon, 1.30pm, 3.00pm
Colour or Design Your Own Minif Competition
Kidz Gigantic Day Out is running a colouring and poster design competition where your child could WIN a family pass to this year’s event, or a $250 shopping spree at Switched On Kids, Adelaide’s top online store for interactive, educational toys for all ages! There are two major $250 prizes up for grabs.
Competition ends Sunday, 7 April at 8pm ACST.
Adelaide’s favourite LEGO® fan event! Check out an incredible range of creative builds, including themed Avengers, Star Wars and giant DUPLO® creations PLUS vehicles, trains, spaceships and everyone’s favourite Great Ball Contraption! Love to build? Don’t miss the fantastic range of LEGO® retailers; DUPLO® and LEGO® play tables; flexo and disceez target; and loads more interactive games and activities.
Inspect and explore a thrilling series of real life ‘Big Rigz’. Don’t forget to bring your camera for a great range of photo opportunities!
- Variety Bash cars, motorbikes and recovery vehicles
- Army tanks and military personnel carriers
Science & Nature Play
A must for all budding professors and those who are simply mad for science! Offering a fascinating line-up of activities, you’ll be entertained for hours – with something for all ages!
- Monster indoor nature playground with sandpit, cubby building and fairy garden
- Native animals
- Bugs ‘N’ Slugs
- Dig A Dino
- Three giant SciWorld Stardomes
- SciWorld electric circuits
- Switched On Kids STEM Workshops, featuring everything from robotics to bridge building, the Rubiks Cube Challenge and more!
- 3D Arts & Crafts
Suitable for all ages, get active and burn some energy!
- Giant Indoor Nerf Arena
- Castle Capers Mega Obstacle Challenge (35m+ long!)
- SANFL handball cube
- Little Athletics high jump demos
New to KGDO in 2019
- PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’ Live Stage Show: Learn what it takes to be a hero and a member of the PJ Masks team with Catboy, Owlette and Gekko in PJ Masks ‘Meet the Heroes’! Admission to this high-energy Stage Show is included as part of your KGDO booking.
- Native Animal Stage Show: a fun and interactive show featuring a range of native animals including a bettong, quokka, tawny frogmouth, squirrel glider and reptiles.
- The Scientific Bubble Show: discover the amazing sciences of bubbles with bubble-ologist Marty McBubble and his mesmerising, interactive bubbly experiments. Think bubble volcanoes, bubble rockets, bubble cubes, bubble sculptures and more!
- SciWorld Spectacular Science Stage Show: brilliant science demonstrations weaved into a high-energy, engaging show that captivates and inspires.
Lollipop Pop-Up Market
Visit the Lollipop Pop-Up Market onsite at KGDO for a delightful range of handmade, one-of-a-kind and unique items specially designed for babies, kids, mums and dads. You’re sure to walk away with something special!
Messy fun for the little ones (ages 6 months – 2 years)! A wonderful range of sensory experiences including bubbles, sand and much, much more!
Woolworths ‘Fresh Fruit for Kids’
A great ‘recharge’ station for parents and kids alike; enjoy a break from all the activity with a FREE healthy snack, colouring and lounge areas!
Plaster Fun House
Creative fun for all ages! Choose a plaster model and decorate using a colourful array of paints and accessories. Please note, this is an additional paid experience and not included in your KGDO ticket price.
Sensory sessions will be available on Friday & Saturday, 9am-10am.
Adult (16 yrs and up) $20 | Child (2-15 years) $15 | Family (2 adults, 2 children) $60
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Kidz Day Out website.
What: Kidz Gigantic Day Out 2019
When: Easter Long Weekend | Friday 19 & Saturday 20 April 2019 | 10am – 5pm | Sensory sessions 9am-10am
Where: Adelaide Convention Centre | North Terrace, Adelaide
Who: Kids and their families
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Kidz Gigantic Day Out Facebook page, Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!