Capture the sights, sounds and excitement of Latin America through a fascinating and electric mix of dance and entertainment while indulging in cuisine that delivers robust, flavourful and inventive food choices. Following last year’s successful event, the Rotary Club of Adelaide Light will again hold the Latin American Fiesta on the Linde Reserve in Stepney (access through Dunstone Grove, off Nelson Street, opposite the Avenues Shopping Centre).
Program of Events:
- 11.00am | Children’s entertainer Daniel Larcombe (guitar/singing)
- 12.00pm | Zumba lessons for children and adults
- 12.30pm | SaSamba Drummers
- 12.45pm | Flamenco Guitarist Aloysius Leeson and dancers
- 1.00pm | SaSamba Drummers
- 1.15pm | Toco Madera Colombian Guitar Group
- 1.45pm | Flamenco Guitarist Aloyius Leeson
- 2.05pm | Latino Grooves Latin Band and dancers
Children can also enjoy jumping castles, face painting, giant Snakes & Ladders and Connect4 games all day while experiencing the different cultures and traditions of Latin America. Admission is $10 for adults or $20 per family.
Funds raised by the Fiesta will provide living expenses for underprivileged adult students undertaking their studies in Colombia’s Bogota-Suba district (an area of extreme poverty).
For more information visit the Latin American Fiesta website.
What: Latin American Fiesta
When: Sunday 23 March 2014 | 11am-4pm
Where: Linde Reserve | Nelson Street, Stepney
Who: All Ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.