Nature Play SA 2019 Festival
The Nature Play SA Festival is an annual festival for children and their families which celebrates and encourages play outdoors in nature!
The Festival is coordinated by Nature Play SA in collaboration with more than 30 wonderful event host organisations including local and state government, not-for-profits, playgroups, education sites, nature clubs, Friends Groups, libraries and more! The 2018 Nature Play Festival is proudly supported by Flinders University.
Through the Festival, Nature Play SA aims to highlight the importance of nature play for today’s generation of children and to provide opportunities for families to access nature play events and activities across SA.
This year’s annual festival for children explores local flora and fauna and some of the highlights include:
- Explore, discover and play at Felixstow Reserve. A free fun-filled day will have the whole family enjoying cultural walks, kite flying and cubby house building at this award winning nature park.
- Spend time wandering the olive grove maze and testing out the newly created Palmer nature playground. The Adventure Maze and Nature Craft in the Murray and Mallee region is great for this.
- Local bat experts invite you to learn about the Grey-headed Flying Fox, one of SA’s most conspicuous animals. Get ready to be hands-on and creative at the Botanic Park, Adelaide.
- Adventure through the native forest, create cubbies using sticks and logs or enjoy some quiet time reading nature books under the Mallee trees.
- Get down and dirty with clay and enjoy cooking up a storm in Adelaide’s beautiful Hills. Mount Barker community centre is where it’s at!
- Mud pits, nature weaving, clay station and nature crafts and carpentry for little hands. The City of Tee Tree Gully is waiting at your doorstep.
- Flinders University is calling all explorers to experience the spring garden of fun, education and entertainment! Weird, wacky and exciting wonders of science are on show.
- From sport and recreational activities, competitions and information stalls to local food produce and entertainers, it’s a fantastic opportunity to families to gather around the St Kilda Playground, Salisbury.
Nature Play SA’s Online Festival Guide
There are many more events on offer in Nature Play SA’s online Festival guide – simply select your region, take a look at what’s on offer, and make sure you book tickets or register where required. They will keep the page updated and you can also contact host organisations with specific queries via the event information provided.
CLICK HERE for the online 2019 guide.
Events are held in the following regions:
- Metro and Greater Adelaide
- Fleurieu Peninsula
- Northern and Yorke Peninsula
- South East
- Arid Lands
- Kangaroo Island
- Eyre Peninsula
Nature Play SA Festival Events & Activities for 2019 include:
Adventures in NatureLearn to Mountain Bike Ride
School Holidays UNPLUGGED
Zoocation Care at Adelaide Zoo
Explore, Discover, Play at Felixstow Reserve
Learn to Rock Climb
Adventure Maze and Nature Craft
Sustainable Spring: Discover Nature by Night
Family Fun Day – Mt Lofty
Bushgardens Nature Play Festival
Mud Play Day!
Adelaide Hills Nature Play Day
Bushgardens Nature Play Festival
Forest Adventure Day – Hindmarsh Island
Salisbury Plays @ St Kilda
Discovering Birds of the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park – Winaityinaityi Pangkara
SpringFest – Flinders University
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Nature Play SA website.
What: Nature Play SA Festival
When: Saturday 28 September – Sunday 20 October 2019
Where: Various locations through South Australia (see guide link above)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Nature Play SA and photos by Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!