Pick a Pink Lady® Weekend 2019 | Adelaide Apple Picking
Four family-owned and run apple orchards located in the heart of one of Australia’s premium apple-growing regions in the Adelaide Hills are open for visiting, exploring and fruit picking.
For one weekend only Pick a Pink Lady® Weekend provides a unique opportunity to pick some Pink Lady® apples straight from the tree, meet the growers, and discover how fruit is produced in the delightful Adelaide Hills.
Soak up the stunning autumn colours, breathe in the fresh air and orchard smells and delight in the flavours of freshly picked fruit as you wander around the orchards. You can also learn about and taste different varieties, purchase the apples you pick to take home and enjoy home-cooked apple crumble and other local produce, warm and cold. Only a 40-minute drive from Adelaide, this is a great family activity that will reconnect you with where your food is produced.
There are 4 family run orchards participating this year:
- Joel and Peter Brockhoff at Bundaleer, 471 Swamp Road, Lenswood (follow Applefields Orchard Shop on Facebook and Pomology@Tarawood on Instagram)
- Ceravolo Orchards at 151 Mappinga Road, Oakbank (follow Ashton Valley Fresh on Facebook and Instagram)
- Mahnew Orchard at 640 Swamp Road, Lenswood (follow Mahnew Orchard on Facebook)
- Stafford Orchards at 26 Coldstore Road, Lenswood (follow Stafford Orchards on Facebook and Instagram)
Apple style produce and beverages also available for purchase.
Entry fee $5 per orchard for adults, children under 12 free. Apples for purchase at price set by the grower.
What’s on offer:
- Apple Picking
- Visit working orchards
- Meet the grower
- Learn about apple production
- Apples for purchase
- Fresh juice
- Homemade produce
- Hot and cold local food
- Tea and coffee
- Entry Fee – $5 per adult | Children under 12 FREE!
- Please check the price of apples directly with the participating orchards.
- Food and drink is available for purchase
- Toilet and hand washing facilities available
- Please note: only cash will be accepted.
- Bring warm clothes, sturdy shoes and raincoat if damp (note the Adelaide Hills can typically be several degrees cooler than Adelaide)
- Disabled access to main parking and shed areas; orchards themselves are on sloping and uneven ground
- Please do not bring any fruit or vegetables onto orchards and help protect them from unwanted pests and diseases
Harrisville Orchards in Lenswood are also holding a Pick a Pink Lady event – click here for details.
What: Pick a Pink Lady® Weekend
When: Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 May 2019 | 10am – 4pm
Where: Adelaide Hills (see locations above)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Apple & Pear Growers Association of SA website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!