Pick your own strawberries in Mount Compass on the Fleurieu Peninsula.
The pick your own patch 2021 season officially opens Saturday 9 October at 9am
Harvest the Fleurieu offers delicious sweet juicy strawberries in their ‘pick your own’ patch between October and May each year (depending on the season/weather). The 2021 season will open on the last weekend of the Spring school holidays – Saturday 9 October from 9am until 4pm.
Note: their online booking portal is currently getting a revamp but they hope to have it up and running by mid October so you can book in advance to secure your spot.
Harvest the Fleurieu made some changes to the cost of pick your own last season to make it more affordable for families; entry into the patch is $5 per person and children aged 12 years and under have FREE entry.
Therefore, each person over 12 years old will be $5 entry fee, plus at least one punnet, at $10 per punnet for each family or group. It is a minimum of 1 punnet for the family or group (not per adult).
Example of a family of 3 kids:
2 Adults @$5 each = $10
3 kids under 12 = free entry
1 punnet $10
Total minimum cost for the family is $20.
You can purchase more punnets at $10 each, but you can also eat as many as you like whilst picking!
Rules for entering the patch:
- No other bags or containers allowed in the patch
- Please enter and exit via the ramp (do not enter restricted areas)
- Please walk up and down the rows
- Please don’t bring other food into the patch
- No smoking in the patch
Given the current circumstances they have had to enforce some new guidelines:
- Online bookings are now available for pick your own which they highly recommend to guarantee your spot as they suspect time slots will sell out quickly.
- There will be 3 time slots throughout the day to adhere to capacity restrictions and to allow for cleaning of the patch after each session.
- To keep this activity safe for everyone please follow their COVID safe plan and sanitise hands before entering and after exiting the patch and remain 1.5m from others.
- Another exciting change.. no more plastic punnets, their punnets are now a recyclable cardboard.
The pick your own strawberry patch is OPEN 9am – 4pm.
- 9am – 11am
- 11:15am – 1:15pm
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Harvest The Fleurieu also has a Market Hall filled with fresh produce, baked goods, jams, pastes and pickles, sweet treats and ice-cream. All the products are created using home grown or locally sourced ingredients and everything is made fresh on site. While strawberries are the main fruit available, at various times of the season they also sell blueberries, blackberries, rhubarb, garlic, snowpeas, green beans, limes and more.
Click here for more information about the Market Hall
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Harvest the Fleurieu website or follow their Facebook Page for updates.
What: Pick Your Own Strawberries at Harvest the Fleurieu
When: October to May (dependent on season/weather)
Where: 2256 Victor Harbor Road, Mt Compass
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Play & Go friend Rachel & family.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!