2020 Pioneer Women’s Trail Walk
Experience the amazing journeys taken by our early German pioneer women as they carried their produce on foot from Hahndorf to Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills.
The Pioneer Women’s Trail is approximately 26km long and mainly follows country roads, laneways and bush tracks through a delightful section of the Adelaide Hills with historic homes, deciduous trees and native bushland. Commencing at Verdun, the trail winds through Bridgewater, following Cox Creek part of the way. After traversing beautiful Mt George Conservation Park the trail detours through Stirling, with its many coffee shops. It continues through Crafers and Cleland Conservation Park, before joining the Old Bullock Track, finally emerging to stunning city views and the descent to Beaumont House in Burnside.
Challenge yourself with the full 26km walk, or join in at one of three other starting locations.
Event Start Times and Locations
- Hahndorf start, 8.30 am (26 km walk): from Hahndorf Institute, 59 Main Street Hahndorf
- Bridgewater start, 9.30 am (19 km walk): from Bridgewater Lions Park, Corner of Mount Barker and Bridgewater Road
- Stirling start, 11.00 am (12 km walk): from Stirling Steamroller Park, corner of Mount Barker Road and Avenue Road
- Eagle on the Hill start, 11.15 am (6 km walk): from the start of The Old Bullock Track
- Adult (registration only) $19.50 | Adult (registration + bus) $29.50
- Child (registration only) Free | Child (registration + bus) $9.50
- Group 5+ (registration only) $14.50 | Group 5+ (registration only) $24.50
- Return bus $9.50
For more information and all enquiries please visit the 2020 Pioneer Women’s Trail Walk Facebook event page.
What: Pioneer Women’s Trail Walk 2020
When: Sunday 18 October 2020
Where: Pioneer Women’s Trail | See event start times and locations above
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: 2020 Pioneer Women’s Trail Walk Facebook event page.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!