Plastic Free July
Join the challenge and ‘Choose To Refuse’ single-use plastic during July.
Imagine a world without plastic waste. That’s The Plastic Free Foundation’s mission – to build a global movement that dramatically reduces plastic use and improves recycling, worldwide.
How to Get Involved:
Step 1: Sign up to be counted (see link below) and you’ll be emailed tips and recipes throughout July.
Step 2: Take the Pesky Plastics Quiz to help you track down where your plastics come from.
Step 3: Choose what you will do:
- Avoiding the plastics that seem to fill your recycling bin;
- Targeting the takeaway items that could end up in the ocean;
- Going completely plastic free (finding alternatives to everything) for a day, week, month or more.
Check out the Action Picker for more Plastic Free July ideas.
Step 4: Explore the Plastic Free July Toolbox Tab and spread the word through:
- Chatting with and challenging friends;
- Running a plastic free morning tea;
- Posting your successes on social media;
- Posting the challenge the old fashion way (with posters about town);
- Asking your local café or shop to seek alternatives;
- Pressing for policy change on container deposits, packaging standards, bag bans or action to outlaw microbeads.
Step 5: Share your challenge and progress on social media, tag @PlasticFreeJuly and use the #PlasticFreeJuly and #ChooseToRefuse hashtags.
Register for the challenge:
Take part in the Plastic Free July challenge and attempt to reduce your plastic consumption – you don’t even have to wait for July to make a difference, you can start today.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Plastic Free July website.
What: Plastic Free July
When: July 2019
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Plastic Free July website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!