Port Adelaide Boatfest
The inaugural Port Festival showcases boats, seafood, the river, museums and more.
The inaugural Port Adelaide BoatFest incorporating the Wooden and Heritage Boat Festival, SA’s Seafood Celebration and the combined Museums in the Port open day will take over the Port Adelaide region on the weekend of the 13 & 14 October 2018. People of all ages are invited to join in with something for everyone both on and off the water.
The hub of most activity will be around Hart’s Mill in Mundy Street, however, the Aviation, National Railway and Maritime museums will also host their open days. Boating and other activities will also be featured around the Port region. There will be FREE shuttle buses and a water taxi to get you from one activity site to another.
Activities will include:
- Live music
- Sprout Cooking School seafood cooking demonstrations.
- Plenty of food and drink with seafood a primary feature.
- Helicopter joy flights over the Port (from the aviation museum).
- Climb aboard the Clipper Ship “City of Adelaide” and experience being inside an 1864 sailing ship and build your own working model light station or hurricane lamp.
- Rowing displays
- Fire and Rescue boat demonstrations.
- “Come and try” kayaking.
- “Come and try” Dragon Boating.
- Check out all the boats big and small.
- Cruise the Dolphin Explorer.
- See the Port region from a different angle on the first ever Port River water-taxi (cost – gold coin).
- Marvel at the ‘parade of sail’ as the boats parade up the river in a colourful sail-past.
- Climb aboard and explore The Failie (Sunday only).
Wooden Boat Festival:
BoatFest features a huge range of craft – from Viking and Dragon boats to magnificent wooden hulled speedboats to beautiful wooden yachts, fishing dinghies and cruisers. The craftsmanship of these hand-built beauties is evident and will be demonstrated across the weekend at numerous workshops in an event to delight ‘boaties’ and ‘non-boaties’ alike as it has in Goolwa at the Wooden Boat Festival for many years.
South Australian Seafood Celebration:
An integral off-water component of this inaugural festival will be the South Australian Seafood Celebration with sales, cooking demonstrations by Sprout Cooking School and a magnificent 3-course seafood ‘Fishes and Loaves’ dinner on Saturday night at the iconic Harts Mill in the heart of the Port. Shared platter dining experiences, entertainment and great lake Breeze wines and Pirate Life brews. Chef Paul Baker from the award-winning Botanic Garden Restaurant will introduce his menu comprising the freshest local seafood – from Tommy Ruff, Calamari, Crabs, Kinkawoonka Mussels, Goolwa Pipi’s, Bluefin tuna sashimi, Spencer Gulf Prawns, Hiramasa Kingfish and more, which will make for a fantastic night out.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Port Adelaide Boatfest website here
What: Port Adelaide Boatfest
When: Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 October 2018 | Commences 9:30am
Where: Port Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Supplied
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!