Refugee Week 2020 – Celebrating the Year of Welcome – Online
Things are looking a little different this year for Refugee Week, given the social distancing restrictions. They have taken this as an opportunity to innovate Refugee Week, and so are bringing you a whole host of digital events and resources in 2020.
Refugee Week is Australia’s peak annual activity to raise awareness about the issues affecting refugees and celebrate the positive contributions made by refugees to Australian society. Originally celebrated in 1986, Refugee Week coincides with World Refugee Day (20 June).
This year, it’s easier than ever to get involved.
Here are are just a few of the ways you can do so:
- Join their official launch and week of digital entertainment, including panels, stories, film, discussion, poetry and more;
- Host your own event or see what else is happening in your community;
- Cook a meal for your family and friends and raise money for a good cause while you’re at it;
- Check out their extensive resource library;
- Book a speaker (digital or in person) for your school, community or workplace;
- Meet some of the amazing people behind Refugee Week.
- Let them know about what you’re up to on social media, using #RefugeeWeek and #YearOfWelcome.
The Refugee Council of Australia make a number of resources available to the public who wish to join in celebrating Refugee Week each year. These include resources you can use if you are organising your own event, or simply if you want to learn more about the refugee experience.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Refugee Week website.
What: Refugee Week
When: Sunday 14 – Saturday 20 June 2020
Where: Australia Wide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Refugee Week website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!