A community event celebrating diversity in the local community.
The Refugee Week Community Concert will feature Tibetan drumming and African Gospel Choirs and an understanding of what it takes to move to another country.
Refugee Week, from 18th – 24th June, is a unique opportunity for everyone to experience and celebrate the rich diversity of refugee communities through theatre, music, dance, film and other events which take place all over Australia.
The aims of Refugee Week are:
- to educate the Australian public about who refugees are and why they have come to Australia
- to help people understand the many challenges refugees face coming to Australia
- to celebrate the contribution refugees make to our community
- to focus on how the community can provide a safe and welcoming environment for refugees
- for community groups and individuals to do something positive for refugees, asylum seekers and displaced people, within Australia but also around the world
- for service providers to reflect on whether they are providing the best possible services to refugees.
All are welcome to this free event to be held at the North Adelaide Community Centre (enter via the Western laneway, adjacent the library)
No bookings needed.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the City of Adelaide website.
What: Refugee Week Community Concert
When: Sunday 18 June 2017 | 3pm – 5pm
Where: North Adelaide Community Centre | 176 Tynte St, North Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!