Enjoy a day of FREE family fun on Sunday 19 November at the South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) Aquatic Sciences Open Day.
Visitors of all ages will have the opportunity to tour the purpose-built marine and freshwater research facility, including observing the laboratories and research vessels and equipment, watching science presentations, exploring live fish displays and enjoying the interactive touch tanks. Plus there will be a range of activities just for the kids with face painters, colouring-in station, quiz trail and competition to name SARDI’s new vessel!
Find out how science supports South Australia’s economy and helps keep our oceans and rivers healthy.
- chat to SARDI scientists about their innovative research
- experience world-class seafood cooking demonstrations by chef and Premium Food and Wine Ambassador Simon Bryant
- see where all the action happens with a tour of the laboratories
- help name SARDI’s new offshore research vessel
- watch science presentations
- explore live fish and aquaculture displays
- enjoy the interactive touch tanks
- learn about South Australia’s fishing and aquaculture industries, speak to a fisher, and hear about how we manage our natural aquatic resources
- taste great food and experience local wines at a pop-up event
For more information and all enquiries please visit the SARDI Aquatic Science Centre website
What: SARDI Aquatic Sciences Open Day
When: Sunday 19 November 2017 | 10am – 4pm
Where: SARDI Aquatic Science Centre | 2 Hamra Avenue, West Beach
Who: All ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: SARDI
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!