Science Alive! 2018
Returning again after the success of their 2017 event, Science Alive! is back in 2018, bigger and better than ever. They’ll have over 60 exhibitors providing hands-on fun that is interactive, dynamic, fun, and educational for all ages.
As the largest single interactive science exhibition in Australia, Science Alive! brings together all three major universities, TAFE SA, and the SA Museum, industry-leading organisations, a host of community and not for profit groups, and a large number of science-related organisations working to raise awareness of their particular part in the world of science and inspire future generations of science and technology professionals.
There’s so much to see and do at Science Alive! – get up close and personal with cuddly native animals and not-so-cuddly bugs, tour miniature stardomes, create smoke rings using a smoke cannon, learn how to make your own slime, puzzle over the Questacon exhibits, and much much more!
There’s no better event to experience first-hand all fields of science and technology – Science Alive! really is all kinds of awesome.
Play & Go Tips:
We’ve been to Science Alive for the last few years now. Here’s some tips if you haven’t been before.
- Allow plenty of time to explore – in previous years we’ve spent 4 or more hours there, so you can easily make a day of it.
- It’s quieter in the mornings if you want to avoid line-ups at popular stations.
- Saturday tends to be a quieter day too, so if your kids don’t have sports, then go Saturday instead of Sunday.
- There are food outlets there but you can also take along your own snacks and food too.
- The activities are well suited for all school-aged kids but younger kids will also find plenty of fun activities they can do. You are never too young to start getting into Science.
- We recommend booking your tickets for Adults online before you go to save lining up to buy tickets.
Kids under 18 enter Science Alive! FREE.
- Adults | $18 + booking fee
- Concession | $14 + booking fee
At the door:
- Adults | $20
- Concession | $15
What: Science Alive! 2018
When: Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 August 2018 | 9am – 5pm
Where: Jubilee and Goyder Pavilions, Adelaide Showground| Goodwood Road, Wayville
Who: Families and kids of all ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Science Alive! Facebook page
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!