Science Alive! is back at the Adelaide Showground in 2020
Science Alive is Australia’s largest mobile science exhibition with interactive activities and excitement for kids of all ages.
Science Alive provides a fantastic family day out learning about how science and technology affect our everyday lives.
While there have been some changes introduced to address COVID, the event will again be full of interactive activities and excitement for kids of all ages.
Science Alive! Highlights
- Robot Wars arena
- HUGE Lego display
- Scientific Bubble Show
- Immersive Virtual Reality experiences
- Science v Magic Show (NEW)
- Spectacular chemistry and Liquid Nitrogen Shows
- Native animals & bugs n slugs
- Nature play area (run by Climbing Tree)
- Curiosity Show exploits with Dr Rob Morrison OAM and Dr Deane Hutton with their
- Activities at Science Alive! have been planned, in consultation with SA Health, to eliminate or closely manage any touchpoints.
- Visitors will be asked to stay home if they are sick on the day and a full refund of their ticket price will be provided.
- Enhanced cleaning and hygiene will be undertaken throughout the event and staff engaged to act as COVID Marshals.
- There will now be 4-hour sessions, morning and afternoon – you will need to choose your preferred session. There will be no more than 3,750 people at the event at any one time.
- They have changed the pricing to reduce the adult price (only $15 in advance) and introduce a nominal charge of $5 for children 3-15. Children 2 and under are free.
- Every visitor will be allocated a seat at one NAVAL Science Theatre – you will need to identify your preference at the time of booking. You may be able to attend a second show on the day, subject to availability.
- Activities will be modified to eliminate or closely manage any touchpoints and they will be undertaking an enhanced cleaning and hygiene regime.
- Activities will be approved by SA Health.
You will receive a full refund if you are not able to attend the event due to COVID.
Session Times: 9am-1pm & 1.30pm-5.30pm
Tickets: Adults $15 | Children (aged 3-15) $5 | Children under 2 are free
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Science Alive! website or visit their Facebook page.
What: Science Alive!
When: Saturday 7 & Sunday 8 November 2020 | 4-hour sessions only: 9am-1pm & 1.30pm-5.30pm
Where: Adelaide Showground | Goodwood Road, Wayville
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Science Alive!
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!