Don’t miss this amazing Adelaide Hills experience – suitable for all the family!
- Watch 12 Australian sculptors transform Macclesfield marble into lasting creations of beauty and imagination
- Silvio Apponyi is Artistic Director for the 9 day Sculptors @ Crystal Lake event
- Support emerging Australian sculptors – Communities, individuals and public/private organisations can pre-purchase sculpture
- View “Water Song” Yoshin Ogata sculpture on the Adelaide Hills Sculpture Trail
- Visit the Art Exhibition
- Kids “Come and Try” creative program – 16, 17, 18 April 2015 (see below for information)
- Display of historic photos
- Listen to the Inaugural Bert Davis Spoken Word Awards each weekend
- Picnic among the pines by the beautiful Angas River
- Walk along the trails
- Entry by gold coin donation
The Kids Program
While the 12 sculptors work their magic on big hunks of rock, kids can come and create too! The Kids Program will run over 3 days: Thursday 16th, Friday 17th and Saturday 18th April 2015 from 10am to 4pm each day.
The target group is primary school age children, although there are some activities suitable for kindy kids if accompanied by an adult. A range of fun and creative activities will be available at the Bunnings ‘Kids Tent” on the oval at Crystal Lake Park.
- Build your own rock sculpture
- Make a mosaic
- Create your very own pet rock
- Make music with percussion rattles
- Design a mini rock garden
- Create and photograph a free-standing temporary sculpture
- Draw a sculptor at work
- Win prizes – complete a sculpture quiz and guessing game
- And more!
Program activities will be available in a flexible way according to children’s interests and the availability of helpers, including guardians, each day.
There is no set schedule and no need to book.
For safety reasons the number of people in the Bunnings “Kids Tent” will be limited at any one time, and parents/carers must sign children in and out.
For older children – up to the age of 100! – a ‘geocache’ site will also be established: log onto an internet site to get a clue, then use your GPS to find the geocache box and log your name and entry. More details on this will be available on the day.
The ‘Sculptors at Crystal Lake’ event is also hosting an art exhibition, a poet’s corner, and other activities, and refreshments are available at the Park.
This event is supported by Bunnings Warehouse Mount Barker and the Macclesfield Community Association.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Sculptors at Crystal Lake website.
What: Sculptors at Crystal Lake
When: 11 – 19 April 2015 | 10am – 4pm daily (Kids Program 16, 17 & 18 April 2015)
Where: Crystal Lake Park | Devereux Street, Macclesfield
Who: All Ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.