Snorkel Port Noarlunga Reef 28th December 2017 – Community Guided Snorkel Days
Join professional snorkel leaders and marine biologists for a guided snorkel at Port Noarlunga reef. The reef has been an aquatic reserve since 1971 and is home to an amazing variety of colourful fish and plant life.
Suitable for children 5 years and above whom are good swimmers, at least one parent is required to accompany and supervise two children. EMS has limited wetsuits and flotation devices for under 7 years. Children between 5 and 7 years can participate if parents supply child’s own wetsuit and flotation device and supervision is one-on-one by parent.
Snorkel tours are taken at (or close to) low tide when there is little water movement and best visibility. Depth ranges from 2-6m. Trained snorkel guides lead the tours and are often accompanied by students or qualified marine biologists.
Arrive at least 30 minutes before start time to fill out out registration form and be fitted with snorkel gear.
Beginners – not snorkeled before – need extra assistance and guidance.
Intermediate – have snorkeled before but not 100% confident.
Experienced – Have snorkeled several times before and am confident in water.
Snorkel 1: (Beginners) Port Noarlunga Reef: 28th December 2017 | 10am
Snorkel 2: (Intermediate) Port Noarlunga Reef: 28th December 2017 | 12 noon
Snorkel 3: (Intermediate) Port Noarlunga Reef: 28th December 2017 | 3pm
Snorkel 4: (Experienced) Port Noarlunga Reef: 28th December 2017 | 3pm
- Where do I meet to take part in tour? | EMS Snorkel leaders will have a registration table set up at start of jetty – look for the EMS trailer, marquee tent and banner.
- Is there an age limit to enter the event? | The event is open to children 5 years and above who can swim.
- What can/can’t I bring to the event? | Bring your own wetsuit and snorkeling gear (if you don’t have your own snorkeling equipment they can provide free of charge).
- The name on the registration/ticket doesn’t match the attendee. Is that okay? | That is fine.
- Do you need to have snorkeling experience? | You don’t need snorkeling experience, but you do need to be a good swimmer. Larger groups will be broken down to smaller groups with similar experienced snorkelers in each group – this allows more assistance to those who require it.
EMS snorkel events are proudly supported by the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges NRM Board and DEWNR Marine Parks.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries website.
What: Snorkel Port Noarlunga Reef
When: Thursday 28 December 2017 | 10.00am-3.30pm
Where: Port Noarlunga Jetty | Saltfleet St & Esplanade, Port Noarlunga
Who: Ages 5+ years (see notes above regarding swimming capability)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Snorkel Port Noarlunga Reef Facebook event page
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!