Voluntary Sunday Trading Returns at the Adelaide Central Market plus Free Family Entertainment in October
South Australians will once again have more time to shop on weekends when voluntary Sunday trading returns to the Adelaide Central Market on Sunday 11 October 2020
A program of free entertainment for families to enjoy will also be on offer from 9:00am – 12:00pm every Sunday in October including nature craft activities, baby disco with Monski Mouse, yoga and live music.
Adelaide Central Market General Manager Jodie Kannane said she was pleased to welcome back Sunday shoppers to the Adelaide Central Market.
“Following a positive start in March this year before COVID restrictions came into play, the return of Sunday trading will ensure our customers have more time to shop their essentials including fresh fruit and veg, meat, bread, speciality goods and cheese. They will also be able to enjoy a range of free family fun activities and relax with a coffee or meal at a number of our eateries.”
Fresh food and speciality favourites including Charlesworth, House of Organics, Kangaroo Island Stall, Con’s Fine Foods, Barossa Fine Foods, Marino Meat Store, The Coffee Bean Shop, Le Souk, Real Falafel, Cumbia Bar and Kitchen, Central Market Flowers and The Smelly Cheese Shop will all reopen for voluntary Sunday trading.
Free family entertainment options on offer in October include:
- Yoga – customers can start fresh on Sunday morning with free yoga sessions by Roaming Zen (numbers limited and bookings essential)
- Nature craft workshops – craft workshops and nature play will engage little imaginations and big ideas
- Baby disco with kids’ DJ Monski Mouse – under-fives can dance and groove to retro-hits, pop favourites and thumping nursery rhymes
- Live music – enjoy brunch with soulful tunes and gentle strumming by some of Adelaide’s best musicians including Leni and Brian Ruiz.
The Chilli Crab Shack by Sprout will also return for two weeks on 2 October, ahead of Sunday trading on 11 October – READ MORE HERE
Traders confirmed for the return of voluntary Sunday trading:
- Gewurzhaus (official opening Thurs 8 Oct 2020)
- Cumbia Bar & Kitchen
- Barossa Fine Foods
- Charlesworth Nuts
- Marino Meat and Food Store (9am – 3pm)
- The Kangaroo Island Stall
- Con’s Fine Foods
- The Old Lolly Shop
- House of Organics
- Rommy’s Market Garden
- The Smelly Cheese Shop
- Central Market Flowers
- Les Deux Coqs (8am – 12pm)
- Real Falafel
- The Turkish Delight Mediterranean Sweetery
- Standom Smallgoods
- Le Souk
- Simply Sarj
- Fred McMahon’s
- The Market Bread Bar
- The Coffee Bean Shop
- Fleurieu Milk
- M&M’s Fruit Mart
- Seven Brothers
Adelaide Central Market Trading Hours:
- Tuesdays 7am – 5:30pm
- Wednesdays 9am – 5:30pm*
- Thursdays 9am – 5:30pm
- Fridays 7am – 9pm
- Saturdays 7am – 3pm
- Sundays 8am – 3pm^ (from Sunday 11 October 2020)
- Mondays CLOSED
* Selected stalls open | ^ Voluntary trading (range of traders open)
The first hour of parking at the Market is free.
Adelaide Central Market still has their cheap coin operated rides for kids too – READ MORE HERE
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Central Market website.
What: Voluntary Sunday Trading Returns at the Adelaide Central Market
When: From Sunday 11 October 2020 | 8am – 3pm
Where: Adelaide Central Market | 44-60 Gouger Street, Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: ACMA
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!