Talk Like a Pirate Day
Talk Like a Pirate Day™, nationally recognised as the major fundraiser for Childhood Cancer Support, is an opportunity to polish ye hook and say “AHOY there, me hearties” to all ye mateys, school crew and work mates.
Traditionally, Talk Like a Pirate Day™ is held on the 19th of September, and this year it falls on a Thursday, however, you can make any day Talk Like a Pirate Day™! So shiver ye timbers and raise vital funds and awareness of childhood cancer, as well as helping Childhood Cancer Support and the regional families they assist.
How it works:
- Sign up and set up your fundraising page
- Choose a date for your event
- Ask others to register and join your crew
- Tell everyone – Share your personal or team fundraising page on social media
- Check out their online shop for Talk Like a Pirate Day Merchandise
- Organise your fundraising & activities for your event – Heaps of ideas and tools under Resources
- Dress up in your best pirate costume, learn the pirate lingo and fine tune your pirate accent
- Share your best pics #Talklikeapirateday
- Bank your funds and save the date for 2020
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Talk Like a Pirate Day website.
What: Talk Like a Pirate Day
When: Thursday 19 September 2019
Where: All around Australia
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Talk Like a Pirate Day
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!