Find out what’s open and what’s closed in Adelaide due to coronavirus restrictions.
Many venues and facilities around Adelaide have been forced to close due to coronavirus and Australians are advised to stay home and self-isolate to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Find a list below of what’s open and closed in Adelaide.
Updated Friday 15 May 2020
Current South Australian Government Advice
On Monday 11 May 2020, certain restrictions were lifted as part of the South Australian Roadmap for Easing COVID-19 resrictions.
As at 3 May 2020, SA Health recommends to councils that parks, playgrounds and skate parks can re-open with signage reinforcing:
- Social distancing (keeping 1.5 metres from others)
- Size of gathering (should be 10 or less at any time)
- Information about hygiene requirements
SA Health also recommends councils clean playgrounds and equipment regularly. SA Health is also recommending increasing cleaning and disinfection of public amenities (e.g. public toilets).
We would add to this, to always sanitise hands or wash hands as soon as possible after a visit to a playground. Also if you arrive at a playground and there are too many people there to be able to social distance, then go somewhere else. It’s important for us to keep up the social distancing and hygiene practises that have kept our COVID-19 cases low in South Australia.
*Please note that some councils are still in the process of reopening playgrounds. Please click here to check your local council’s website about which of your local playgrounds are open.
- Medical Centres
- Shopping Centres
- Public toilets
- Rundle Mall
- Adelaide Central Market
- Various retailers (check with retailer websites before visiting)
- Some council basketball courts/tennis courts and BMX tracks.
- Reserves and open spaces
- Adelaide Botanic Garden
- Wittunga Botanic Garden
- Belair National Park (facilities and adventure park now available as at 11 May 2020)
- Mount Lofty Summit visitor centre
- National Parks
- Mount Lofty Botanic Garden – reopened Friday 15 May 2020. Read more here
- TreeClimb Adelaide Read more here
- Wineries and cellar doors for takeaway goods only.
- Outdoor dining for restaurants and cafes, up to 10 people.
- Sport training – outdoor only, up to 10 people.
- Pools limited to 10 people, including for lap swimming.
- Local government libraries to open, up to 10 people at a time.
- Community, youth and RSL halls to open, up to 10 people.
- Universities & TAFE will begin face-to-face tutorials, up to 10 people.
- Regional travel is now encouraged to help support our regional communities.
- Campgrounds and caravan parks to open.
- Cleland Wildlife Park (reopened Friday 15 May 2020). Read more here
- Old Adelaide Gaol (reopened Friday 15 May 2020)
- Woodhouse Activity Centre
- ALL indoor play cafes
- ALL amusement parks and arcades
- ALL indoor gymnasiums
- ALL recreation centres
- ALL cinemas
- ALL Museums around Adelaide including the South Australian Museum, South Australian Maritime Museum, National Motor Museum, Migration Museum and National Railway Museum
- Public outdoor BBQ’s
- Public outdoor gym stations
- Beauty & Massage
- Art Gallery of South Australia (reopening Monday 8 June 2020). Read more here
- Adelaide Zoo
- Monarto Zoo
- Carrick Hill house & grounds
- Gorge Wildlife Park
CLICK HERE FOR SOUTH AUSTRALIAN EMERGENCY DECLARATIONS & DIRECTIONS
If you are unclear about what’s open and closed in your local area, visit the Local Government of South Australia website and search for your local council to find out more.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!