Enjoy a wealth of attractions at the 134th Yankalilla Show!
Entertainment throughout the day on the Shearing Shed stage includes the official opening, shearing demonstrations, and a variety of live music.
The official opening will be on the Shearing Shed stage at 12 noon by Julianne Wandel, President of the Southern Country Shows Association.
Show rides and Sideshow attractions, camel & pony rides, hands on animal nursery, market stalls, main hall showcasing the competitive exhibits, Aldinga & Sellicks Spinners & Knitters Shorn to Worn demonstration, where you could see fleece turned into wearable items, art pavilion, photography, show bags, show bar and plenty of food and lots more…..
Special Attractions for the 2016 show included
- SciWorld Spectacular – Explore the world of science, make your own slime, be fascinated watching some short SciWorld Spectacular Science shows and have fun as a rocket scientist.
- Clancy the Jelly Bean Train. All aboard the fun ride for kids and adults of all ages.
- Don’s Demo Dogs, dogs on skateboards, playing basketball & quoits see the obedience work of these highly trained dogs.
- Living with Wild Life – Snake Pit – A variety of venomous snakes on display. Get your questions answered about how to live with snakes in our environment by Living with Wildlife experts.
- Yalkin Spanish Horses – The Andalusion horse, introduced into Australia in 1971, has been bred for centuries in Spain as a quality and stylish riding horse.
- Farmer Joe – will be roaming the showgrounds creating and twisting some colourfully twisted balloon creations for the kids
- South Australian Working Draught Horse Association Inc. Members and their horses will be exhibiting long reining and log snegging events
Gates opened at 9am for the public cost is $10 adult, $5 children between 5 and 15, children under 5 free. Aged concession only.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the YankShow website
What: Yankalilla Annual Agricultural Show
When: Saturday 1 Oct | gates open 9am
Where: Cnr Jervois Rd and Main South road, Yankalilla
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!