Entomophagy ˌɛntəˈmɒfədʒi/ – the practice of eating insects for food.
Insects are eaten in 80% of the world’s countries. If you’re bug curious why not head along to this public entomophagy expo to find out why the rest of the world is “bugging out” for bugs!
Beyond being a regular game show prop, bugs should be a serious part of our future food conversation. Nutritious and sustainable, the research clearly shows that entomophagy is something that the western world needs to consider to be able to manage the growing population and increasing demands on natural resources.
At this event you will be able to:
- Meet Australia’s passionate bug eaters, farmers and enthusiasts
- Understand how insects are farmed commercially
- Learn about the financial, environmental and health benefits of insects as feed and food
- Sample a range of insects and insect based products
- Kid friendly activities – bug crafts, live insects
- Learn about matching insects with wine (over 18 yrs age only). Organic Wines by Angove Wines. Cost: $5
Tickets: Adults $10 | Children under 15 Free
To purchase tickets visit the Eventbrite website here.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Eventbrite website.
What: Are you bug curious? Family Friendly Bug Eating Expo
When: Monday 2 October 2017 | 5pm – 7pm
Where: Open State Dome | Victoria Square, Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Kaizen Management Solutions
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!