Fairytale Trail with a Princess
***Editors note: This event has now sold out
Enter a world where fairytales come to life as Once Upon A Princess cordially invite you to Fairytale Trail With A Princess at gorgeous Carrick Hill Castle located in the leafy suburb of Springfield.
Back for a third year, children will enter a whole new world, a magical place will come to life from meeting the Royal Guard to being directed up the winding road towards a land far far away. See animal sculptures, native birds and 200 year old trees paving the way leading to a grand old castle perched high on the hill overlooking the kingdom – just like you see in the movies.
Children will be swept into a world of fairytale magic as they walk through an enchanting garden trail, weave past ponds and groves of trees, meet Princess characters along the way and collect a keepsake trinket. All the favourite storybook characters along the trail include Cinderella (and the Royal carriage), Rapunzel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, the Snow Sisters, Arabian Princess, Island Princess, Dancing Beauty and the Little Mermaid. Children will discover the natural world through the castle’s parklands and gardens, using classic children’s tales to encourage the imagination. Meet the Royal Unicorn ponies, pat and feed the baby animals from Old McDonald’s Animal Farm, take a stroll through the exquisite flower gardens filled with sweet scents, explore creeks, ponds, water features, Peter Rabbit’s Garden, and spot the local ducks, ducklings, and cockatoos.
On completion of the trail children can go on to play in the Storybook Trail which focuses on British classic tales to encourage the imagination. They’ll encounter The Quidditch tree from the Harry Potter series of books, Charlotte’s Web (a large rope spider’s web in a frame safe for children to climb and play on) with Wilbur the pig nearby, little cubby houses, and the Magic Faraway Tree leading the imagination to wonder where fairies live and more. Speaking of fairies, maybe Tinker Fairy will visit from her pixie kingdom to say hello.
With exclusive access to the entire castle grounds, and many stunning photo opportunities to capture some magical moments, including a photo opportunity in Cinderella’s Carriage. Why not pack a picnic basket, rug, sunscreen, hat and enjoy a day out on the lawns.
Included in the ticket price:
- 11 Fairytale Princesses, the Fairy Godmother and Tinker Fairy.
- The Royal Unicorn Ponies.
- Princess wand for little Princesses.
- My Little Prince Quartz pocket watch for little Princes.
- Princess activity bag for each child.
- A keepsake trinket gift from each Princess children meet along the trail.
- Children can pat and feed animals from Old McDonald’s Animal Farm featuring baby goats, lambs, sheep, rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks and even Babe the piglet will make an appearance. All animals are cleaned, wormed, vaccinated and powdered before entering, and anti bacterial hand gel supplied for children to clean hands on exiting the farm.
- Sausage sizzle by the Friends of Carrick Hill, donated by Once Upon A Princess with proceeds towards maintenance of the property and its development e.g. the Storybook Trail and Carrick Hill gardens.
- Hot cinnamon donuts, soft serve, slushies.
- Barista coffee and tea.
- Valet service for BYO picnic baskets to picnic lawn area, ready for collection on completion of trail.
- Valet service from picnic lawn area to toilets near the house.
All children must be accompanied by an adult and ticket numbers are limited. Full refunds are offered up to 48 hours before the event. A full refund will be given if the event cannot go ahead due to bad weather. Contact the Fairy Godmother via the Once Upon a Princess Facebook page should you need a refund.
- Tickets are $70 per person ($70 per Adult and $70 per child)
- Children under one free without gifts, or normal ticket fees apply.
Tickets go on sale 6pm Monday 1 August.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Once Upon A Princess Facebook page.
What: Fairytale Trail with a Princess
When: Tuesday 11 October 2022 | From 10:30am
Where: Carrick Hill | 46 Carrick Hill Drive, Springfield
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Once Upon a Princess Facebook & TryBooking
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!