The Kindness Pandemic – a Campaign of Kindness for Older People
The Coronavirus is impacting on everyone; few people have not had their lives changed. In response, the Kindness Pandemic Campaign is focusing on a number of vulnerable groups, and those on the front line.
Vulnerable groups include older people, who are particularly at risk of the virus.
Love Stories Campaign:
This campaign helps to link vulnerable, isolated and anxious older people with family and friends through messages from children and young people who love them. The messages from children and young people are sent electronically to older people – who are then invited to respond by sending a message back. This campaign aims to help reduce anxiety that older people are experiencing as well as engaging young people who may currently be unable to go to school.
Here are the steps involved:
1. Younger person/child sends a message to an older person they love. The message includes what it is they love about the older person. The message could be:
- a drawing for the older person
- a letter for the older person (even just a couple of words)
- a short video
2. Parent (or guardian) shares the message with the older person – electronically or by phone if there are restrictions, or post if there are no restrictions
3. The older person responds with a message to the younger person/child that includes what it is they love about the younger person/child
4. The parent (or guardian) shares the younger person/child’s message (image, copy of letter etc) and the older person’s response to Kindness Pandemic Facebook Group. Please include the hashtag #TheKindnessPandemic
The Kindness Pandemic also has some other campaigns for more groups especially affected by COVID-19.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Kindness Pandemic website.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Kindness Pandemic website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!