Adelaide Botanic Garden Internal Collections reopening Friday 5 June
As part of Step 2 of the Government of South Australia’s Roadmap to Recovery for easing COVID-19 restrictions, the Adelaide Botanic Garden will re-open the doors to its internal spaces and collections, effective 10am Friday 5 June.
After 10 weeks of temporary closure, the Palm House, the Bicentennial Conservatory, the Santos Museum of Economic Botany, and the Dead House will re-open with limited capacity.
This means the 2020 Adelaide Biennial of Australian Art: Monster Theatres exhibitions within these spaces will also re-open, and with an extended season.
As part of the COVID-safe plan, you will notice some changes as part of visitation to these spaces. The number of people allowed in each venue has been restricted to allow for the government requirement of one person every four square metres:
- Palm House: limit of five people at any one time
- Bicentennial Conservatory: limit of 20 people at any one time
- Dead House: limit of one person at any time
- Santos Museum of Economic Botany: limit of 20 people at any one time, access restricted to one entrance and one exit only, and, in compliance with Directions issued pursuant to the Emergency Management Act 2004, a record is being kept of anyone who visits the Museum.
** Please note that the Simpson Shade House and Amazon Waterlily Pavilion are currently closed for maintenance works. **
All visitors will be asked to provide their contact details upon entry to the Museum. This information will only be used for the purpose of contact tracing in relation to COVID-19.
Other measures include increased hand sanitiser and additional cleaning programs.
To help #stopthespread, additional signage has been placed in the garden reminding visitors to please:
- comply with the capacity restrictions
- keep a 1.5m distance from other people
- practice good hygiene, and
- if feeling unwell, please stay home until you are well again
For more information on the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please keep an eye on their latest news on the Adelaide Botanic Garden Facebook page.
- Monday – Friday 7:15am
- Weekends and public holidays 9:00am
- December – January 7:00pm
- February – March 6.30pm
- April 6:00pm
- May 5:30pm
- June – July 5:00pm
- August 5:30pm
- September 6:00pm
- October – November 6:30pm
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Botanic Garden website
What: Adelaide Botanic Garden Internal Collections reopening
When: Internal Collections reopening Friday 5 June 2020 | Garden open all year | See opening and closing times above
Where: North Terrace, Adelaide (or enter off Plane Tree Drive)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!