Get into the Christmas spirit and join the Adelaide Zoo for their Westpac Animal Play Day on Saturday 15 November for a full day of fun animal antics.
Animals in nature have to work for a living, to find food, to make nests, to find shelter and even to play! However life for the animals at the zoo is slightly more predictable than in the wild. That’s why the zoo keepers use enrichment to create variety in work and play, ensuring an environment that allows for physical and mental choices and challenges.
Westpac Animal Play Day gives zoo goers the opportunity to see how they stimulate our animals’ wild behaviours. Follow the special schedule to see frisky felines, merry meerkats and outgoing otters.
- 9:45am | Siamang
- 10:30am | African Lion & Children’s Zoo Animal Encounter
- 10:45am | Emu, Tasmanian Devil, Alpaca’s & Children’s Zoo Barn
- 11:00am | Giraffe, Meerkat, Giant Panda
- 11:15am | Oriental Small-Clawed Otter, Nocturnal House
- 11:30am Capybara & South American Coati
- 11:45am | Sea Lion & Tamarin House
- 1:00pm | Macaw Free-flight & Children’s Zoo Nursery
- 1:10pm | Sun Bear
- 1:15pm | Mandrill and Baboon
- 1:30pm | Siamang and Gibbon, Dusky Langur, Malayan Tapir & Hippopotamus
- 1:40pm | African Lion (feed)
- 1:45pm | Capybara
- 2:00pm | Sumatran Tiger (special birthday) & Guinea Pig, Children’s Zoo
- 2:15pm | Cassowary, Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
- 2:30pm | Australian Pelican
- 2:45pm | Little Penguin
- 3:30pm | Australian Rainforest Bird (feed)
- 3:45pm | Brazilian Tapir
Don’t miss these great presentations plus much more! Normal Adelaide Zoo entry fees apply.
For more information and all enquiries visit the Adelaide Zoo website here.
What: Westpac Animal Play Day
When: Saturday 15 November 2014 | 9.30am – 5.30pm
Where: Adelaide Zoo | Frome Road, Adelaide
Who: All Ages
You can read more about the Adelaide Zoo through our Play & Go review here.
Images of animals above from the Adelaide Zoo website.
Adelaide Zoo is situated on Frome Road, near the River Torrens. Entry is via Frome Road (follow the signs) or just off Plane Tree Drive. There is limited ticket car parking available on Plane Tree Drive, War Memorial Drive and Frome Road. See the Zoo SA website for a map and public transport details.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.