Australia Reads & Australian Reading Hour
In November, Australia Reads invites Australians of all ages and from all walks of life to share and celebrate the joys of reading.
Whether you’re picking up a book for the first time or your head is already stuck in one, there’s plenty of books, activities and events as part of their festivities.
Australia Reads is a collaborative project between many Australian organisations aimed at lifting literacy rates and improving reading participation.
This year they are also hosting three virtual events to celebrate the many benefits of reading.
Australia Reads Main Event
- Wednesday 11 November 2020 | 12.30pm AEDT
- Featuring: Judy Nunn, Peter Fitzsimons, Peter Helliar, Michael Robotham, Dervla McTiernan, Tanya Plibersek, Andy Griffiths, Nikki Gemmell, Anita Heiss, Virginia Trioli and more.
Australia Reads Kids
- Monday 9 November 2020 | 10.30am AEDT
- Featuring: Ursula Dubosarsky, Andy Griffiths, Bluey, Sami Bayly, Anna Fienberg, Osher Gunsberg, Peter Helliar, Jacqueline Harvey, Beck Feiner and more.
Australia Reads Teens
- Monday 9 November 2020 | 12.30pm AEDT
- Featuring: Will Kostakis, Rawah Arja, Cath Moore, Amie Kaufman, Danielle Binks, Garth Nix, Alex Dyson, Lisa Fuller, Sally Morgan and more.
Australian Reading Hour
On Thursday 12 November 2020 celebrate Australian Reading Hour. You’re invited to stop what you’re doing for an hour, pick up a book and read to yourself or the children in your life.
Join them and unwind, get inspired and find joy in books! From islands, blue shores, bushland to red heart – Australia Reads.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Australia Reads website or follow them on Facebook.
What: Australia Reads Events & Australian Reading Hour
When: 1 – 12 November 2020
Where: Australia wide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Australia Reads
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!